Swapping Rear Solid Glass for Sliding Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stepperado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado stepside
Engine Size
Before I sell my '84 C10, I'd like to swap the rear sliding window in it with the solid one piece glass in the '87 C20 I just bought.

The local glass shop said they would do the swap at my house for $110. Are there any issues with this that might come up to complicate things? The window gaskets in both trucks are in real good shape, so I assume they could be re-used. I'd like to keep both trucks looking as original as possible.

I am looking to get 10k for the '84 Stepside. It just turned 70k miles the other day, original unrestored survivor (including paint, trim, interior, wooden bed, etc.). Since I bought it I've lowered it a few inches, put on true dual exhaust, and some beefier tires. Drives like new with ice cold air. Everything works including the cruise, clock, original radio/speakers, etc.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
It's like the easiest thing ever, we swapped about 100 of them because my brother kept throwing firewood through the back window when I was a kid lol. We could do it in like 30 minutes.

I'm sure you can reuse the gasket, we used to. But now I'd say get a new one, especially since it's a nice truck.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
The step side sounds nice, I just bought an 86 step side a few months ago that needs a little work. I know they're getting pretty rare and hard to find in decent shape. You should post some pics of it or you'll probably place it in the for sale ads section. By the time mine's finished I'll probably have 10K in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner