Sliding rear window gasket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I also have the RPO code A28 and have the aluminum slider like TLambert posted. My felt runners are trashed and the window is missing the center aluminum uprights. I am in the process of restoring it if possible. I was able to remove it with the rubber surround seal intact. I also have purchased one of the Passport windows from the guy on eBay. It is not the same size but I believe the normal rear window gasket will work. Trying to keep all my options open for this restoration.
If you start to restore yours please do a thread for it. It will be a help to many now and in the future.

My felt needs to be replaced. The latch is broken from many break ins from locking the keys inside. I know I’ve done it several times lol. Zip tie fixes it though. Lol.

I recently picked up another aftermarket slider window new in the box for $10.00 at a swap meet. Instructions say that it uses solid glass seal.
Not sure what I’m going to use yet though.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
I am lucky, mine doesn't leak, but it does need some new felt, some thick paper in the channels keep the sides from rattling.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
Had to remove mine for paint, couldn’t save it

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
If you start to restore yours please do a thread for it. It will be a help to many now and in the future.

My felt needs to be replaced. The latch is broken from many break ins from locking the keys inside. I know I’ve done it several times lol. Zip tie fixes it though. Lol.

I recently picked up another aftermarket slider window new in the box for $10.00 at a swap meet. Instructions say that it uses solid glass seal.
Not sure what I’m going to use yet though.
I recently rebuilt my factory slider. The two windows I have both came as factory A28 option for 78 and 79 and both are aluminum frame. The felt channel and latch are available on Amazon. The hardest part for me to find was the bulb seal. I found seal at DK hardware, but it was just a tiny bit to small. I haven't noticed any leaks yet though. I used the Precision one piece rear seal. They say they won't work on the factory slider, but I had already purchased it and couldn't return it. The Precision seal is nearly identical in shape to the original seal that came out, but I did have trouble at the top when I roped it in. There just didn't seem to be enough room, and the seal tore on the inside. This is the first time I tried to rope one in, so someone who has done it before may have better luck. I just purchased a new 2 piece seal from USA1. The guy I spoke to said it would work on the factory slider. It also turned out to be a Precision seal, the one Precision says won't work. Comparing my original and the Precision, both are identical. I haven't installed the 2 piece yet, but I will let you know how it goes.
Top is the original window and seal, bottom is my rebuilt window and Precision seal
You must be registered for see images attach

longbeach

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I'm still shopping. One guy local has window that looks just like this one. Advertised with a new gasket and trim piece. I'm wondering if this is a later model window. Seems a little different from the ones with the larger aluminum frame?? Or is it aftermarket.??

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

I'm still shopping. One guy local has window that looks just like this one. Advertised with a new gasket and trim piece. I'm wondering if this is a later model window. Seems a little different from the ones with the larger aluminum frame?? Or is it aftermarket.??
Afaik it’s aftermarket. All OE windows I’m aware of are double sliding panes.

longbeach

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think that one is double sliders. Missing the trim piece on right hand slider. Maybe?

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I think that one is double sliders. Missing the trim piece on right hand slider. Maybe?
You’re correct. I missed that the slider that’s obvious isn’t large enough.
But yeah it won’t close tight or lock without the other trim piece.

longbeach

Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is the one for sale

Attachments

• 4E756EF2-6467-441A-9E9D-870FD09B3A50.jpeg
    4E756EF2-6467-441A-9E9D-870FD09B3A50.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 39

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
I purchased one of these NOS aftermarket sliders that looks factory, but takes a one piece window gasket.

These Pass-Port Sliders are the closest to Factory Sliders.
They’re good quality and use the same window seal as solid glass rear windows.
There is one available on ebay…

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm tempted to buy one for future use. However, I hear a whisper on the interwebs that someone may be working on a gasket for the OE unit. I'm sure it will be less than $300 IF it happens.....the internal struggle is a toughie.

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I recently rebuilt my factory slider. The two windows I have both came as factory A28 option for 78 and 79 and both are aluminum frame. The felt channel and latch are available on Amazon. The hardest part for me to find was the bulb seal. I found seal at DK hardware, but it was just a tiny bit to small. I haven't noticed any leaks yet though. I used the Precision one piece rear seal. They say they won't work on the factory slider, but I had already purchased it and couldn't return it. The Precision seal is nearly identical in shape to the original seal that came out, but I did have trouble at the top when I roped it in. There just didn't seem to be enough room, and the seal tore on the inside. This is the first time I tried to rope one in, so someone who has done it before may have better luck. I just purchased a new 2 piece seal from USA1. The guy I spoke to said it would work on the factory slider. It also turned out to be a Precision seal, the one Precision says won't work. Comparing my original and the Precision, both are identical. I haven't installed the 2 piece yet, but I will let you know how it goes.
Top is the original window and seal, bottom is my rebuilt window and Precision seal

I appreciate the response. Do you have a link to the felts and latch you bought from Amazon?
Also Maybe a part number or link to the Precision sliding window seal?

I’m not sure what you mean by “bulb seal” unless you’re talking about the cab light on the roof?

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members