Suspension Upgrades 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Does anyone have recommendations for suspension upgrades for 2wd trucks? I'd like to have a newer truck feel/ride when going down the highway at 70mph+. Right now everything is stock. I'd like it to not feel so squirrely. TIA!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Go to a coil over system. Front and rear sway bars also will give a more modern performance feel. Getting rid of the rag joint in the steering shaft. Go with a rack and pinion set up...basically how much do you want to spend?

My coil over set up with tubular upper and lower A arms wasn't cheap 1400.00 IIRC, than you still have to buy rear coil overs, and mounts.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
IHC has a weld in kit I like a lot.
Gets the lower control arms tucked way up there. I think it has a -3 drop to -6” drop worth of adjustability.
This is on a 69 C-10 so it’s a little different looking. But the kit is the same for this truck and the square.

This will be the kit that goes in my trucks front end at some point.
Always have the time to put cool **** on peoples truck but never the money to do my own. LOL.
You must be registered for see images attach

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Another little pic
This was a frame off I did in this little driveway here. Hahaha.
It’ll be getting a Turbo LS and RnP is on the way too. Shaved the firewall and all that good stuff while I was at it.

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
Go to a coil over system. Front and rear sway bars also will give a more modern performance feel. Getting rid of the rag joint in the steering shaft. Go with a rack and pinion set up...basically how much do you want to spend?

My coil over set up with tubular upper and lower A arms wasn't cheap 1400.00 IIRC, than you still have to buy rear coil overs, and mounts.
Ok so front and rear coil over setup with tubular A arms, and rack and pinion steering. Do you recommend any certain brands? I see some pretty good looking setups on CPP. What about Porterbuilt?

born2Run83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC - C1500
Engine Size
5.3L LM7
IHC has a weld in kit I like a lot.
Gets the lower control arms tucked way up there. I think it has a -3 drop to -6” drop worth of adjustability.
This is on a 69 C-10 so it’s a little different looking. But the kit is the same for this truck and the square.

This will be the kit that goes in my trucks front end at some point.
Always have the time to put cool **** on peoples truck but never the money to do my own. LOL.

This weld in kit looks really good too. I’ve seen the CPP products and also Porterbuilt looks to have some good options. I will check on the IHC website also. Thank you!
And LOL yeah it’s crazy how that timing stuff works out huh?!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
CPP is who I got my front Coil Over set from. Not very good customer service, and not very good instructions. If I would ever do it again I would pay the little extra and go with QA1, or Fabtech. I have my project 82 Blazer the Mistress in the build section...Lots of Pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksquare84