Suburban Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Remember Dawg, you can save a **** load of money if you got to a HVAC supply house and buy duct board spray adhesive. That **** is like $5-$8 per can vs $20-$30 a can for the good headliner adhesive. Mine is still hanging good. I just figured if its good enough for duct board in a heat and AC duct, its obviously able to stand up to extreme hot and cold conditions. Any fabric store should have the material on a roll.

Home Depot have that ****?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Can;t wait to strip the foam off on both sides of these things.... :shitsweak:

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I got in the truck this morning to head over to work and the roof felt like it was microwaving my head from the hot sun. And I got caught in a thunderstorm last night and you should have heard that **** hitting the roof, lol!!!! :flipthebird:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Ahahha, listen to this video of the phukin rain pounding my non-headlinered roof. :roflbow: :shitsweak:

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got in the truck this morning to head over to work and the roof felt like it was microwaving my head from the hot sun. And I got caught in a thunderstorm last night and you should have heard that **** hitting the roof, lol!!!! :flipthebird:

TOADJA !!! I bet you changed your mind now huh?:High 5:

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

MIght not be a bad idea 89s. I'd say no and wait and see how you like the noise in the rain, and getting hotter in the summer sun heat before you do that. But, you've already pulled all the AC stuff. Sounds to me you're just kind of keeping this vehicle for a driver with 4x4, towing the boat and back up vehicle someday when you get another daily driver huh? In that case you might have a cheap idea and way out. But that liner spray isn't cheap either.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yes I did. I can't wait to get it back in. :lol: :shitsweak:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:lol: this project went from a winter project to a next weekend project :laughing1:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I got pricing at a store down the street for the foam backed headliner material. It is 54" wide, just wide enough to fit mine, and sold by the yard in length @ $14.99/YD. I need 12 ft. So looking like 60 bucks plus whatever the glue will cost. They want $20 for a can of glue. I am going to check out Home Depot to see what they have, like HR suggested and go from there...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
What do you guys think I can do about this cutout in the back? Can I use cardboard to go across it on the top side to have something to glue the material to to cover that hole? :think:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0027-1.jpg
    IMG_0027-1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 281

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Remember, when you use that adhesive, you spray both the back of the material, and the backer board. Let it set up for about 3-5 minutes, then you lay your fabric on. Once you lay it on, you only have seconds to pull it straight. Best to pull is straight before you lay it on, so 2 people is best. I started at one end and rolled it on about 6 inches at a time pushing it into the backer board pulling out any wrinkles as I went.
Is that hole in the back where the Rear AC unit was at? You could either duct tape another piece in there, or make a seperate piece and layer over the main piece. Might make a great access panel for you to stash your meth for transport and delivery. Imagine the stash you could put in that headliner?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
What do you guys think I can do about this cutout in the back? Can I use cardboard to go across it on the top side to have something to glue the material to to cover that hole? :think:

attachment.php

You have rear A/C, don`t you?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

He took all his AC stuff out of the Burb. All the underdash, firewall and I am assuming now the rear unit too.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

He took all his AC stuff out of the Burb. All the underdash, firewall and I am assuming now the rear unit too.

Yes, all the A/C **** is coimng out, so I need to cover that hole. I can use sheet plastic or maybe some very light balsa to fill in that square. :)

I'll need to cut a piece to fill the hole in, then cut a larger one to back it and splice it to the top side of the headliner. :High 5:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Offrode