Spreadbore Holley Carburetor ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
That would be the "Crower" look, sorta, they're the dumbest looking things IMO, use the real thing and convert it to EFI, or just mechanical, then they'll at least sound like injectors not to mention be badass. :D

But then you have to deal with the tuning, the astronomical cost, and build an engine that breathes enough to need them...

I want the look, not the hassle...

Just a stock small block with a few bolt ons, in a lightweight rat rod will 'fly' as it is.. lol

But they want a lot for them, so I'd make my own... (The nice thing about making my own is that I'd mostly be investing elbow grease, so if I sometime down the road decided I hated it, no biggie)

The crowers are the look I always liked (and used to want), but this is the hilborn.. Haven't seen any crower fakes...

I want a hot looking girl without all the hot girl drama! :boobs:

:cheers:

Last edited:

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looking at these, they're actually kind of hybrid hilborn/crower... The manifold part comes straight up like a hilborn, but it's a single manifold like the crower.. Well, actually it's an empty box, but who's counting... lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
But then you have to deal with the tuning, the astronomical cost, and build an engine that breathes enough to need them...

I want the look, not the hassle...

Just a stock small block with a few bolt ons, in a lightweight rat rod will 'fly' as it is.. lol

But they want a lot for them, so I'd make my own... (The nice thing about making my own is that I'd mostly be investing elbow grease, so if I sometime down the road decided I hated it, no biggie)

The crowers are the look I always liked (and used to want), but this is the hilborn.. Haven't seen any crower fakes...

I want a hot looking girl without all the hot girl drama! :boobs:

:cheers:
What hassle, lol, they are about as simple as simple can get to tune, and you can find some good deals out there if you look, and if you wanted EFI there's no astronomical cost to convert it, you can get all the parts and do it yourself even. :D
OH, and those are Crower fakes, never heard of anyone making Hilborn ones..

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
What hassle, lol, they are about as simple as simple can get to tune, and you can find some good deals out there if you look, and if you wanted EFI there's no astronomical cost to convert it, you can get all the parts and do it yourself even. :D
OH, and those are Crower fakes, never heard of anyone making Hilborn ones..

That's what they people making them call them, not me... Hilborn fakes..

But if you go and look at both crower and hilborns, they are neither...

But the stacks themselves do look far more like the crowers... The manifold looks like neither..

I just always loved the crower injectors.. they look 'wicked'... But thought the modern computerized TBI would be better than tuning the real thing, for different needs, racing, cruising, economy, sea level , mountain driving, etc..

I like the idea that a computer handles it all..

In any case, I'm way far off from worrying about it...

I think they have fake blowers too? Of course, I dunno how you get around the sound part :shrug: .. lol

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
I was always under the impression that tuning those injectors was like trying to tune a three two barrel set up.. Needed special airflow meters and all that...

But maybe not... :shrug:

And didn't they require expensive crank driven pumps?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Nahh, nothing close to that stuff, just the barrel valve and the pill. Pump is not cheap though, they are cam driven or belt driven depending on the application.. Good luck with the setup. :waytogo:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Dude.
I thought these things were expensive.
Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! Check it out now: http://r.ebay.com/tYohLu

Id buy this for $125 so I could play with it could play with it. Those are dope. I want one!
I think I just bought that Caprice though.

*edit* oh! Three TWO BARRELS!!!! lol!....I've got three barrel on the brain.

Last edited:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Dude.
I thought these things were expensive.
Hi! I found this on eBay and thought you might like it! Check it out now: http://r.ebay.com/tYohLu

Id buy this for $125 so I could play with it could play with it. Those are dope. I want one!
I think I just bought that Caprice though.

*edit* oh! Three TWO BARRELS!!!! lol!....I've got three barrel on the brain.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :cheers:

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've got three barrel on the brain.

They exist! Not for $125 though!

attachment.php

You must be registered for see images attach

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
@Paladin
This is the one I found. :waytogo:

Gary replied "Maybe". LoL. I was busy and didn't press him BUT! I aim to appear in front of him tomorrow, Tuesday. That's how I roll bud. I'll force his hand in person. BAM! Pop out around the corner...

"****! Rusty's here. Give him a carburetor and maybe he'll leave." :happy175: I'm really good at **** like that..
Shoulders drop, chest gets all little and they look up.. and there's Rusty with his hand out. "What's up with that 750 Gary?" Lololo!:gay: I'll getcha one - don't worry.

Last edited:

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size
Yeah, that's a spreadbore 650. Really need a squarebore 750 with center hung floats. I am having visions of a dual quad tunnel ram with matching carbs poking out the hood with the breather you sent me!! LOL Yep, 64 years old and still trying to impress that Cheerleader!!! LMFAO!:cheers:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
:waytogo: we need more pix of the Street Scoop 2.

Last edited:

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
4264 was on the choke plate, I didnt realize till later that the number on the horn meant on the side not the face of the choke. So I had to wait till I go again :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8