Speaker mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

30backs

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
So I am doing a audio upgrade in my truck new pioneer cd play and new pioneer speakers. I picked up some 6x9's to do cab corner mounts and I also picked up some 5.25's any ideas on how to mount these anywhere around the dash area in my 88 r20 cclb?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
The space between the steel frame and the underside of the dash pad is extremely limited. Also real tight in the horizontal plane (esp in the A pillar and windshield directions). The 3 1/2" speaker that came with the truck is about the limit in that area.

Some people try to "hang" aftermarket speakers under the dash frame -it's not an easy process.

Ever considered mounting the 5.25's in the door panels?

30backs

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I thought about it but I was worried about water damaging speakers.

Xredman002

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
56, 68, 76, 76
Truck Model
Apache, custom camper, gmc 3/4, jimmy
Engine Size
283, 283, 350, 350
I am mounting speakers in the door but wondering how to get the speaker wire there

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Do you have power windows/door locks? If so, just fish the leads for the speakers the same way as that wiring. Through the rubber plug, across the A pillar and then through the "accordion" to the door cavity.

If not, you might think about this system:

Jamb TAC Wireless Connectors

No more running wires through door jambs when installing your stereo system, power windows, or power locks! Mounts anywhere on door jamb.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good idea but if the door is open, the speaker is disconnected - if that matters to you.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Do you have power windows/door locks? If so, just fish the leads for the speakers the same way as that wiring. Through the rubber plug, across the A pillar and then through the "accordion" to the door cavity.

If not, you might think about this system:

Jamb TAC Wireless Connectors

No more running wires through door jambs when installing your stereo system, power windows, or power locks! Mounts anywhere on door jamb.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good idea but if the door is open, the speaker is disconnected - if that matters to you.

That's what the Burbs have on the barn doors for the contacts for PDL and Defrost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising