Time to put a sound system in the hotrod, wanna bounce some ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
So all that talk about the subwoofer and box size, it freakin POUNDS. I'm shocked at the sound and the depth this thing will get for being so small and in such a small box. I still have alot of EQ tuning to do to get it where I want but so far I'm impressed as hell. Between the headunit and the amp, there's a ton of adjustment. Probably too much really lol. It's gonna take me forever to get it tuned where I like it.

The box ended up at .4cu ft and I ended up with ~.4lbs of polyfil. May add some more since that site I found recommend 1.5lbs per cu ft, meaning I need .6lbs. Not sure if that would make the sub perform better at lower volume or not but we'll see.

You must be registered for see images attach

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure the dash pad gonna not play well with those twetters. I had similar issue and just left the brackets off and set the speaker directly in the dash. Minor trimming with the snips of course.

WFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
So all that talk about the subwoofer and box size, it freakin POUNDS. I'm shocked at the sound and the depth this thing will get for being so small and in such a small box. I still have alot of EQ tuning to do to get it where I want but so far I'm impressed as hell. Between the headunit and the amp, there's a ton of adjustment. Probably too much really lol. It's gonna take me forever to get it tuned where I like it.

The box ended up at .4cu ft and I ended up with ~.4lbs of polyfil. May add some more since that site I found recommend 1.5lbs per cu ft, meaning I need .6lbs. Not sure if that would make the sub perform better at lower volume or not but we'll see.

Where will the final location of that Sub box be?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure the dash pad gonna not play well with those twetters. I had similar issue and just left the brackets off and set the speaker directly in the dash. Minor trimming with the snips of course.
I was worried about that but the dash pad actually went on just fine with very little extra effort. Only took a touch of pushing down on the driver's side and it slid in perfectly

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Currently I just have a set of Kicker 6-3/4" separates in the doors of the truck.
They are simply hooked to an amp under the seat that has a RCA to 3.5mm cord that controls the music from a phone.
With the tweeter up higher in the door panel, it really works well.

My previous truck just had the old school coaxial down in the bottom of the door and it stunk.

The tweeters can be hidden pretty easy behind the window crank to help keep impulsive eyes off them...

One of these days I will get around to putting a full boogie set up into this truck.
But there seem to be a million other things to do first...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad