Should I trade my 73 C20 for a 1998 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So my truck needs quite a bit more work. Leaking oil, trans fluid, exhaust leaks, etc. Doable work but work nonetheless. It runs and shift great though.

This guy has a 1998 Chevy Suburban super clean with 60k miles, no problems. Should i trade?
If you are feeling a need to "upgrade" why not sell that C20 outright and take that money to buy something newer? I think this would be a rather lopsided trade if you compared price to price.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
No, Nope, No way in hell! Nyet, Nei.

All the reasons all the learned folks above stated.

You must be registered for see images attach

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Ayway, despite growing up around all this, I know shockingly little about the chemistry of oil refining. Refineries were just THERE, had always been there, like the sooty orange sky and the constant smell of tar and asphalt. It never occurred to me that someday I would need to BUILD MY OWN REFINERY on the down-low just to have things like gasoline, diesel, and naptha, because the US had become an idiot dystopia. In fact, I'm going to grab my hardbound CRC Handbook of Chemistry & Physics right now, stash it someplace safe.

BRetty
This is where my mind is going these days, too. I've discussed it multiple times with friends but don't know the first thing about refining gasoline.

Let me know when you got it dialed in and I'll come out to CA for some training.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef