Should I make a daily from my "parts truck" 76 GMC....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Fix it up and drive it; not because it's green but because it's a GMC!!

OBTW, I recommend putting air in that right rear before putting it on the road. Will make the ride a lot smoother.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Id be intersted in the tank switching valve under the truck if its good, the pass side filler neck and hoses...
You must be registered for see images attach

presumably the..... driv..maybe the... I think its the passenger side. I believe the hose is just flipped anyway?but I could be wrong. Is that the same ? The 78 tankk on the shelf also has its neck and cap still, in colonial yellow or the other color of the two tone(some white)

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Keep lookin!
Id say.

I have been alive probably somewhere over 20 years (who knows really, i didnt exactly write that down to remember later and that doctor would probably have hard time placing it on the calendar, as a guess.)
And in my time, I have once been apart of the process of going to the store, Shopko, and having film be developed into photos which we picked up later. And later in life, somewhere after the steam engine was made probably, I developed black and white photos in a class where that was a part of the learning, however, it would be the last class to do so. The school was running their supplies of film developing stuff out because the suppliers were drying up and it was expensive and the fact no one does it anymore means it would be better for that time to do other stuff)
So yeah I havent touched film or seen anything related other than home-effects and an unused disposable camera on the shelf lol. Its in the package,gonna keep it for retro-sake in 30 years when a fujifilm camera is some spectacle of primitive beasts.

Kinda like today almost with polaroid and scenic photographers who like film. At least its getting aftermarket support for film sourcing and i believe developing chemicals and things will exist for a long future, in some capacity, for non-normal uses and im sure there are niche ways too. But thats a far cry from every big store having a desk for it.
And movie rentals. And 1 or 2 resteraunts(this is still the case depending on where and what store, but its dwindling..)

And @Grit dog I'm an Ameri-can not an Ameri-can't, there exists in your collection or your family of some kind, possibly a box in the worst place in the garage or attic, with a lot of hostile and cooperative(to eachother) microorganisms, small creatures, and poor organizsation of dusty boxes standing in your way to those photo(s) and you are going to let them stop you.

We want to see your truck
no pix it didnt happen

"It's not gay if its for diagnostic purposes"

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
^Lol. That’s about the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.
Back when I had rusted out squares for daily drivers, they were just heaps of **** with wheels, not classic cars to take pics of. I can barely come up with any pics of the nice cars and trucks I had. Never was much of a photo person.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
^Lol. That’s about the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while.
Back when I had rusted out squares for daily drivers, they were just heaps of **** with wheels, not classic cars to take pics of. I can barely come up with any pics of the nice cars and trucks I had. Never was much of a photo person.
neither was my family based on the angles, shear amount of ******* pics of nothing, and shear volume of takes and.. I just almost dont wonder if they had everything developed 2x so a film roll but make sure we gt 10 pics of grandmas nostril and not just 5. Im so glad this family is disjointed because I couldnt handle the forces together it would draw the ISS out of orbit into our house from the gravitational.. void? something smartt sounding about blackholes

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurt54