Should I make a daily from my "parts truck" 76 GMC....??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
If its that close to being a daily then fix it up. Drive it for a bit and sell it as a runner after your're done. I cant get behind the header idea, too loud, and cutting through the hood would be a no go for me but I do think it would turn a bunch of heads. Plus the constant covering of the headers when the weather gets bad would annoy me since nothing I actually drive goes in the garage lol

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
Yes, daily driver! I’d lose the running boards, repaint the rear bumper and slap a nice set of chrome wheels and sporty looking tires. I don’t know about the headers through the hood though? Even a rusty looking vehicle can be dressed up to turn heads. You will probably even get folks wanting to buy it off of ya.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
If its that close to being a daily then fix it up. Drive it for a bit and sell it as a runner after your're done. I cant get behind the header idea, too loud, and cutting through the hood would be a no go for me but I do think it would turn a bunch of heads. Plus the constant covering of the headers when the weather gets bad would annoy me since nothing I actually drive goes in the garage lol

I totally get what you are saying about fixing it up, however with just my luck, working on one item turns into another item and right down the list, which is typically how a project goes anyhow!

The hood on my blue truck is kinked on the passengers side, so I took it off and a friend has a really nice with no kinks silver hood I plan to use on my blue one. Yeah headers like that would be noisy, and certainly different.

Yes, daily driver! I’d lose the running boards, repaint the rear bumper and slap a nice set of chrome wheels and sporty looking tires. I don’t know about the headers through the hood though? Even a rusty looking vehicle can be dressed up to turn heads. You will probably even get folks wanting to buy it off of ya.

You got that right, have seen some that are dolled up and look good, even with rust issues.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
This is where I hope to be with mine by summer. LOL.

You and me both my friend! That dually of mine is NO trailer queen by far! Outside she looks decent body wise...underneath though, uffda!

I'm afraid to fire up this engine in it...probably shake all the rust out of it! :D

WebMonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
i'm going to go against the grain.

looks like you have plenty of good projects.

i'd sell it to someone that needs/wants to love on it.

i get that the $$ isn't an issue but time/space that can be reallocated to another project is worth a lot here.

:)

good luck!

TX87R10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
i'm going to go against the grain.

looks like you have plenty of good projects.

i'd sell it to someone that needs/wants to love on it.

i get that the $$ isn't an issue but time/space that can be reallocated to another project is worth a lot here.

:)

good luck!

I think the options presented were - Should I scrap this truck by parting it out or make it in to a running vehicle, which is why I went with the latter... If you can sell it to make some coin and it's a good price sure why not but a running truck fetches a lot more than one that is stripped down (around here at least)

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Actually those headers shown are from Speedway I believe, around $170. There are also that same style header with a built in glasspack to mellow it down a bit too.

What would that be? The whole truck :D I would probably let the whole thing go for $600 with the parts thrown in from my dually.

That is not a bad idea either. If I did fix it up & make it road safe and left the body "as is" and it would not have a tailgate unless I found one for dirt cheap, what is it really worth? As I said above, $600 as she sits with my dually parts. Now if I go through it, I would probably have to ask $1,500 to $2,000 for it....is it worth that amount?

I do like to have fun, I figured some noise would add to the fun. When was the last time you had ever seen a vehicle go down the road with 8 pipes out the hood? :anitoof:
You could get $1500 for it all day long of you went through it. Heck I'd pay $600 for it as it sits. I'd even sell Yes the switching valve and run off one tank!

Yikes. I see your in minnesota! I'd have to go visit my brother and then trailer that bad girl back to the south!! That would cost me more than $600 in fuel!!:eek::Big Laugh:

Last edited:

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
You could get $1500 for it all day long of you went through it. Heck I'd pay $600 for it as it sits. I'd even sell Yes the switching valve and run off one tank!

Yikes. I see your in minnesota! I'd have to go visit my brother and then trailer that bad girl back to the south!! That would cost me more than $600 in fuel!!:eek::Big Laugh:

I was wonder who "Yes" was :anitoof:

Yeah a bit of a drive for a rusted out truck! The drivers side fender well opening on the box is much worse than the passengers side box fenderwell. It could be fixed up, but where does a guy stop! I would probably have to invest around $600 (maybe less???) to get it on the road I would imagine, then I am into far enough it isn't worth selling it for $1,500.....

That stupid green color is kind of growing on me though. At first when I saw it I about vomited in my mouth a bit....but now I kind of like it.

Here is what it was before I started taking off parts....

You must be registered for see images attach

Very beautiful front bumper & grill on this baby!!!! Really nice original potmetal headlight bezels too, all going on my blue truck.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Most all of the dash is out of it now, I put the cluster in my blue one....

Really cool door panels though!!!

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I'll have an extra cluster when I replace mine you could have. But , I can be a slow bastard and seem to like to procrastinating a lot. Lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne