Rockin at Rock Auto !!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Say, for instance, we ship 89Sub..... :roflbow::roflbow:

:005:

Uhhh, that would not be shipping. That would have to be Freight. Strap his ass to a pallet and US Xpress or JB Hunt. Oh wait, I think you'd need a LTL carrier. Roadway Freight does that. Drop his ass at the dock. :grd:

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Well over all I like Rockauto cause they good quailty brand name of parts. There parts arent junk like the stuff from advance, autozone, and pepboys. Also Rockauto sells raybestos, wagner, ac delco, moog, KYB, etc. I also know that Rockauto has more availbility to antique vehicles compared to the places where I live at. Nobody stocks, parking brake cables, drum brake hardware kits, self adjuster hard kit, drums, brake shoes, etc. for my 67 F100 that I'm restoring. Except for maybe napa or carquest.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
If it comes from a location closer to you, though, it probably is cheaper to ship from there rather than from where ever Rock Auto is actually located. :shrug:
LOL funny thing is 1 of the packages was shipped out of IOWA from there it went to Minnesota, then to lenexa Kansas, then to Kansas City Ks. and now there is no updates on it.
The other Package was from houston Texas Tracking info for that one sucks cause its usps.

Still having the convenience to be a one stop shop to get all you need, and if their support is good should I need an exchange, quick responses etc, I could care less if the stuff showed in different colored truck. I also know a bit about biz, and know the way for them to keep prices low, its impossible to stock all the inventory they sale. That would mean more man hours in labor, more transportation costs to them that would be passed onto me, and imagine the size of the facility they'd have to have to warehouse all the parts blah blah blah. Gotta keep overhead low to pass on cheap prices for quality mech. If the merch is good, and shipping is timely, drop shipping is just fine for me and I don't have to go to 6 different websites and give out my credit card 6 times, and 6 differant emails to keep track of. As long as my order status is all in one place... :waytogo: JMO.

Not trying to bad mouth a vendor for this sight HR but they charged me 12 dollars for shipping, Both of which shouldnt have cost more then about 5-6 bux to ship it, essentially they charged me double shipping because they were sending parts from 2 different places. Personally I think thats BS.

The 15 dollar gas tank straps just got exspensive at another 6 bux for shipping them, I could have made them for 6 bux but figured since I was already gonna order a pump I would just have them throw the straps into.

I could have gotten the fuel pump cheaper else where off of Ebay and more then likely had it in today. then I could have finished the project this weekend but now it will more then likely be another week or even 2.

Until there shipping department is straightened out I dont forsee me buying anything else from them, even with the 5% discount it is just NOT worth it to me.

But to each there own

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
LOL funny thing is 1 of the packages was shipped out of IOWA from there it went to Minnesota, then to lenexa Kansas, then to Kansas City Ks. and now there is no updates on it.
The other Package was from houston Texas Tracking info for that one sucks cause its usps.

:lol: Yeah, I've seen the Lenexa to KC, KS thing and that's always baffled me :roflbow: At that point I'm like just let me drove over there and I'll pick it up myself :lol:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I guess maybe cuz I used to have my own ebay biz before it got so saturated and you could make a good living do it, I understanding shippnig expenses. As long as they are reasonable I don't have a problem paying over exact shipping. They do have to buy boxes to ship in, foam peanuts and packing, carton tape that are consumables. Then you have some tools to buy like scales and tape guns etc, then you have also have to pay an employee to package the items too, so there are other expenses in shipping rather then just the fee charged by the shipper.
I myself, when I sell something on ebay, I try to recover my ebay fee, PayPal fee, gas expense to the post office or the UPS drop center so I don't charge exact shipping either. If you can't recover your fees, then you've just wasted your time. Sometimes its cheaper just to trash an item and cut your losses than make a $10 profit. If I have to spend time looking for a box, pakcing it up, listing it, driving to the post office, standing inline at times depending on the item then I realize for $10, should have just throw it away or put it in the scrap pile and take the $1 profit since I'm going that way anyway.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Why is the word "ebay" hyperlinked to ebay's website 3 times in your post?? Are we going to adverting in our posts now???

EDIT **** it's linked in mine too! I dont like the looks of this...
What about the word VigLink does it auto link? I guess not. Wierd.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
C4's ebay mud truck, is for sale on ebay until ebay shuts down.

"ebay"

:ebay:

EBAY

ebay

I do 90 percent of my Christmas shopping on ebay during the holidays.....

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:).

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Go back and edit it with a few word before and after it, see if it changes..

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn: