Replacing Harmonic Balancer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It's also looks nearly new to me. If you didn't put it on, it was probably done right before you got it. Of course, I'm used to things rusting faster too.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
There's a casting date stamp in the pic. But it's in the shadows and I can't read it.

The company logo looks familiar, but I don't remember where they come from. All the parts houses change suppliers often and can't seem to stick with a house brand either. It's hard to keep track of all that nonsense.
That stamp has an 8 in the center of it, but that's all I can make out. Would that be an '08 pump?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That stamp has an 8 in the center of it, but that's all I can make out. Would that be an '08 pump?

More than likely.

Well, it's got the same number cast into it, and the bird just like that one. Looks like you pegged it!

I've never bought a pump from Summit, but I've got pumps with that logo on them before. Same foundry, multiple suppliers.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
More than likely.

I've never bought a pump from Summit, but I've got pumps with that logo on them before. Same foundry, multiple suppliers.
Yep, and we all know what the odds are of where it came from..

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Got it running last night with temps in the teens and chill factors in the single digits. I don't know how you northern guys do it. I got it all buttoned up this morning, and I ran it for a while to check for leaks and ran errands later. So in the end, it got a new lower rad hose, water pump, harmonic balancer, and the radiator leaks were repaired. I had to reroute the heater hose that goes to the water pump to the heater port on the radiator because the plug that came in water pump port would not come out with PB Blaster and a cheater bar, heat, or an impact wrench. I even broke my ratchet trying to get that plug out. The heater performance is the same using the alternative routing, the pulley spins true now, and it runs so much smoother without that rotten harmonic balancer on there.

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
How we do it is, we just do it and don’t cry about it. Lol:D

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Well, props to you for weathering it. It'd take me forever to get things done if it was like this a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holleytool