Repair or replace radiator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Clutch fans ARE peace of mind :imo:
Never ever would I install an electric fan.
Never ever would I hack an original fan shroud.

Electric fans go against the very grain of reasoning why I choose round eye, square body for my driveway.

Everybody's butthole is different and mine smells like bubblegum.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Everybody's butthole is different and mine smells like bubblegum.
Well that's gotta suck for you. Mine smells minty fresh.... Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I saw my error when I was looking at Rockauto's site. Sorry to get your hopes up. They list all the parts included in the assembly and I only pulled this number. The complete fan assembly number shows to be GM 3115210.

I did a little more searching and found that there are a variety of fans. Mine has 9/7 blades (6.2L HD cooling), but there are 7/7 and 7/5's too. When you look up my part number, the pictures don't always match. From what I can tell, there are a several part numbers for fans. The last numbers vary 209/210/211/212. When I try 209 & 210 it does not come up on the GM parts list. I added a link to the parts for my truck. The parts alone are $500!!

There are aftermarket replacement fan assemblies that carry the GM part number 3115210 for $150+ with a warranty. So you still may be able to do it for under $300. I also added in the fan assembly for a 2010 Duramax.

Aftermarket Denali
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...ex-engine/cooling-system-cat/cooling-fan-scat
Aftermarket Duramax
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3290916&cc=1445469&jsn=466
OEM Denali
https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-...ex-engine/cooling-system-cat/cooling-fan-scat

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I saw my error when I was looking at Rockauto's site. Sorry to get your hopes up. They list all the parts included in the assembly and I only pulled this number. The complete fan assembly number shows to be GM 3115210.

I did a little more searching and found that there are a variety of fans. Mine has 9/7 blades (6.2L HD cooling), but there are 7/7 and 7/5's too. When you look up my part number, the pictures don't always match. From what I can tell, there are a several part numbers for fans. The last numbers vary 209/210/211/212. When I try 209 & 210 it does not come up on the GM parts list. I added a link to the parts for my truck. The parts alone are $500!!

There are aftermarket replacement fan assemblies that carry the GM part number 3115210 for $150+ with a warranty. So you still may be able to do it for under $300. I also added in the fan assembly for a 2010 Duramax.

Aftermarket Denali
Aftermarket Duramax
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3290916&cc=1445469&jsn=466
OEM Denali
thanks for this, it's a ton of help. I'm going to do some searching when I get a chance today. the dimensions of your radiator are very close to mine, closer than any of the searches I've tried so far. I'm going to be using your year, make and model for my e-fan searches instead of searching by CFM and then trying to weed through the shroud dimensions. I'm not sure that there is a size difference between the two, but just to make sure when I'm searching; is your Yukon XL a half or 3/4 ton?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
thanks for this, it's a ton of help. I'm going to do some searching when I get a chance today. the dimensions of your radiator are very close to mine, closer than any of the searches I've tried so far. I'm going to be using your year, make and model for my e-fan searches instead of searching by CFM and then trying to weed through the shroud dimensions. I'm not sure that there is a size difference between the two, but just to make sure when I'm searching; is your Yukon XL a half or 3/4 ton?

Mine is a 1/2 ton. What makes the difference is mine is a Denali XL. I don't think the Suburbans or regular Yukon XL's got the 6.2L. I listed the Duramax as another HD option.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That's a lot more information than we need. Please no pix or scratch and sniff either.
Lol. You watch- down the road, you will be able to fart into your phone, and everyone else will smell it. I'm calling it right now....

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I know my single holds cardboard to the grill lol

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
To be perfectly honest I did electric because the place I’m gonna run my truck belt driven fans aren’t allowed.
Oh man, talk about tossing one out there, for someone to wallop..... Lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK