Installation information for Radiator #CU730

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I've wrapped up the radiator project this morning. I'm going to keep rocking no cover on top of the radiator for now. I might pick up some black aluminum paint so it doesn't stick out so much but it's perfectly functional like that, so I'm kind of feeling like I have more important things to do than bend a piece of metal to go on top. So basically this morning I made the mounts proper for the radiator and got the fan shroud bolted up properly, and I'm calling that done for now.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yea, I think if I were to tape off the top of the radiator and hit it with a little black paint it would be just fine. Or at least good enough for me for now lol.
I would put some kind of thermal break in that so you dont burn your hand on it. f150 has a silver radiator but the silver body paint i forget that its temp sometimes and ouch. that way if you put something to not conduct, it will allow reaching forward if your engine is warm engine off

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I would put some kind of thermal break in that so you dont burn your hand on it. f150 has a silver radiator but the silver body paint i forget that its temp sometimes and ouch. that way if you put something to not conduct, it will allow reaching forward if your engine is warm engine off
That was the main motivation to metal plate, but the bottom line right now is there are just other things more important. I've already bought some metal, so if it proves to be an issue I'll make it happen. I'll probably start a new thread on this matter, just because well why not, but I need to make some changes to my setup for fuel economy, and that is the current priority. If that doesn't work out I'm going to be spending a lot more time driving the Dakota which I don't really want to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes