performer or perfromer rpm intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Codey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
codey
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
im changing out my stock intake with a new edlebrock one but im confused on which one i should choose i have a basically stock 350 engine that's only ever going to see the street and was going to go with a performer for the low end but ive heard that a rpm is just as good at low end as the performer is this true does anyone have any experience with these intakes and can tell me

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
im changing out my stock intake with a new edlebrock one but im confused on which one i should choose i have a basically stock 350 engine that's only ever going to see the street and was going to go with a performer for the low end but ive heard that a rpm is just as good at low end as the performer is this true does anyone have any experience with these intakes and can tell me

You won't see a difference between them, except cost, and maybe worse cold weather driveability with the Airgap if you live in a cold climate.

BTW, the Teenybopper no punctuation/run on sentences will get you flamed pretty good here.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This is just my opinion:

By itself, an Edelbrock intake manifold (or any other aftermarket intake manifold) will not improve engine performance. Low end torque is a function of the total volume of air flow through the engine. Just adding a high-capacity intake will not increase total available air flow.

Cylinder head valve diameter, exhaust system design (configuration/cross-sectional area of the piping) and the CFM rating of the carburetor/throttle body are all part of the equation. They need to have equal or greater flow rates than that of the intake manifold.

They cost over $100.

Granted, they do look nice and shiny - for about 6 months. After that they oxidize and look like hell.

Where I come from, you can't give these manifolds away.

Last edited:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
This is just my opinion:

By itself, an Edelbrock intake manifold (or any other aftermarket intake manifold) will not improve engine performance. Low end torque is a function of the total volume of air flow through the engine. Just adding a high-capacity intake will not increase total available air flow.

Cylinder head valve diameter, exhaust system design (configuration/cross-sectional area of the piping) and the CFM rating of the carburetor/throttle body are all part of the equation. They need to have equal or greater flow rates than that of the intake manifold.

They cost over $100.

Granted, they do look nice and shiny - for about 6 months. After that they oxidize and look like hell.

Where I come from you can't give these manifolds away.
They do have a smoother runner design than the GM manifolds, that help with fuel distribution.

Codey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
codey
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I'm only getting the new intake because the one now is cracked near one of the bolts and leaking.In the future i plan on making some improvements heads,cam,exhaust headers nothing too crazy just make a respectable street vehicle.
So im guessing the performer would be good to go even with some future upgrades.

And Jim thanks for the heads up lol i have got horrible internet grammar ill try to keep it cleaner in the future.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I have a regular Performer intake if you wanna buy it. It could use a good cleaning. It is for spread bore pattern carb but if you need the spread bore to square bore adapter I'll throw it in for ya. Let me know your zip and I'll give you an estimate to ship. I think it has no provision for the EGR valve, or it is blocked off, I'll have to check on that detail.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
I'm only getting the new intake because the one now is cracked near one of the bolts and leaking.In the future i plan on making some improvements heads,cam,exhaust headers nothing too crazy just make a respectable street vehicle.
So im guessing the performer would be good to go even with some future upgrades.

And Jim thanks for the heads up lol i have got horrible internet grammar ill try to keep it cleaner in the future.
No problem...just wish I could have found a nicer way to say it.
Its a good intake, but so is Weiand, and Holly....bout equal. You are doing good by staying with a dual plane manifold.
you mentioned the Air gap as an option...I am assuming you dont have emissions testing that require EGR?

Codey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
codey
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I have a regular Performer intake if you wanna buy it. It could use a good cleaning. It is for spread bore pattern carb but if you need the spread bore to square bore adapter I'll throw it in for ya. Let me know your zip and I'll give you an estimate to ship. I think it has no provision for the EGR valve, or it is blocked off, I'll have to check on that detail.

No I already got a good deal on either one my buddy got both of them sitting in his shop thanks for the offer though.

Codey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
codey
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
No problem...just wish I could have found a nicer way to say it.
Its a good intake, but so is Weiand, and Holly....bout equal. You are doing good by staying with a dual plane manifold.
you mentioned the Air gap as an option...I am assuming you dont have emissions testing that require EGR?

No im not getting the Air gap I was considering the normal Performer rpm but yes i don't have emissions test that i need to worry about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06