454 exhaust recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slooptin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
Looking for input on 454 exhaust. Current set up is summit long tubes with 2-1/4” true duals (the dynomax kit I think) and cherry bomb knock off glass packs. I hate the sound and I’m about to throw on some 781 heads I got for cheap and an Edelbrock performer intake to match the oval ports with a Holley vac secondary. I’m thinking I’d like to ditch the long tubes for the simplicity of changing spark plugs and routing wires, plus I run a wideband o2 sensor for fine tuning the carb so having a built in o2 sensor bung in the manifold would be nice. From there I’m thinking of doing 2.5” from manifolds into a 3” single with a Magnaflow muffler and run it out the back, but I’d like to hear other opinions or suggestions as I’m not sold on any single plan yet. I’ll most likely be buying pipe and cutting/welding it all myself

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I have factory manifolds and all the emissions equipment in this video. Sorry its a short video. I have 2.5" pipe with Flowmaster Super 50's. Also an H pipe in there.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod