Blue Print or GM Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
You might also just try to order directly from Blue Print
That was the first plan but the wait time was no different originally. Also, they charged shipping where as Summit did not. IIRC, it was at least 275.00 shipping.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
ORDER UPDATE....
Got an email stating the engine has shipped and to expect a delivery in 1-8 days. Great news but I need to know in order to get my frontend loader from the farm to house in order to take it off the truck.

I called but they basically just repeated what was in email....I'm happy just confused.
Can't say I'd be SHOCKED if a Chevette filled with CLOWNS pulling a manure spreader delivered it. Seems like if you're signing up for a 5 grand purchase, they're going to know exactly what when how to at least give the poor sap buying it a reassuring feeling.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Had to put off motor for other must do projects but back to it. Saved the crate for the old motor to fork around easier. Without the tractor loader, it would have been a bigger pain to get it out, mounted, and the other motor moved around and loaded into the old crate. I used the HF leveller to get a feel for using it later, and I think it will be helpful aligning eng to trans.

You must be registered for see images attach

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Cleaning up the intake manifold for paint and wondered if I should remove the 3 plugs to clean inside. Any reason to do that or am I being too fussy?

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Intake is covered in splashed oil on the inside when running, so no point getting too excited about getting it squeaky clean. Just check that the pluggs are sealed tight.

The BP350CTCD engine spec says it uses H8002K heads, which are a 64cc head with performance equivalent to a Vortec head. The 202/212 @ .050 cam and 9.2 compression will provide great low end torque (excellent for a truck). It will run well on pump gas, but the relatively mild setup is why it makes 341 HP, not 390 HP. The higher HP engine has more cam and more compression, although still not crazy high.

I have the H8002K heads , similar compression, and a 213/217 cam, and it has excellent pulling power and a smooth idle.
- I have found it works best to use 15-16 degrees base timing, and a mechanical advance of 18-20 degrees that comes in full by about 2200-2400 rpm. Aluminum heads and relatively low compression definitely tolerate more timing without any issues.
- I run 15 degrees vacuum advance, off manifold vacuum.
- I check base timing at a low idle rpm (600?) with vacuum advance line disconnected and plugged, and then reconnect it to manifold vacuum after timing. This bumps the idle timing up and gets an idle speed that works when the A/C is on.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Bummer, Funny thing is I ordered mine from Gabe and seeing they just listed 1 in stock I questioned this. He said their inventory is very accurate and he might be correct, they just sell so many.

Finally mine is at least installed, lots to do though.
Did you buy the BPE oil that was mentioned in the installation guide? BPP710 break in oil or BPE service oil BPP10W30, for my roller cam motor. I know it also says "otherwise, use an OE recommended API SN service rate multi-viscosity(non synthetic) oil." I"m wondering if it would be worth it in case a warranty issue came up to buy the overpriced BPE oil.

Maknwine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
I"m debating getting new Intake manifold bolts. One rung off so would have to replace that one. Anyone use the ARP bolts such as on Rock Auto? Set of 12 hex bolts for $22 is reasonable(non stainless steel)

Since I'm putting the old exhaust manifolds back on I'll get some new bolts for that as well whilst at it.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I"m debating getting new Intake manifold bolts. One rung off so would have to replace that one. Anyone use the ARP bolts such as on Rock Auto? Set of 12 hex bolts for $22 is reasonable(non stainless steel)

Since I'm putting the old exhaust manifolds back on I'll get some new bolts for that as well whilst at it.
I have used ARP from various places including Rock Auto. Good is good regardless of origin.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Had to put off motor for other must do projects but back to it. Saved the crate for the old motor to fork around easier. Without the tractor loader, it would have been a bigger pain to get it out, mounted, and the other motor moved around and loaded into the old crate. I used the HF leveller to get a feel for using it later, and I think it will be helpful aligning eng to trans.

Man that sure is purdy. Video of her running someday?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
Did you buy the BPE oil that was mentioned in the installation guide? BPP710 break in oil or BPE service oil BPP10W30, for my roller cam motor. I know it also says "otherwise, use an OE recommended API SN service rate multi-viscosity(non synthetic) oil." I"m wondering if it would be worth it in case a warranty issue came up to buy the overpriced BPE oil.
I used Lucas 30w break-in oil. No need for multi-viscosity, it won't be in there long enough to need to work in multiple weather conditions.
https://www.lucasoil.com/product/engine-break-in-oil/

It has the high zinc content and you can get a 5 quart jug from summit for $30 or a 6 quart case from amazon for $40

tadslc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No, I bought the Lucas break in oil that BPE also recommends.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

I used ARP SS bolts on my new intake. No issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scandia