Painless vs. American Autowire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I need to replace the wiring in a 1976 K10 and I plan to add AC, electric fans, different gauges, etc. I do not necessarily need a stock appearance but I would like something that is easier to work with. Besides the cost difference, what are the benefits and drawbacks when comparing both systems and is one preferred over the other?

Thanks...

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would suggest talking to @gmachinz. He makes different harnesses, and I know he does an electric fan kit.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I do offer a wide range of options. I don't offer an underdash harness just yet-but I do stock what no other company offers-and that is OEM style factory fit engine, AC climate control, front and rear lighting harnesses as well as upgrades such as delay off headlights, H4/9005/9006 conversion kits w/relay upgrades, upgrades to engine options such as aftermarket ignition upgrades, GM serpentine swap harnesses with or without optional 140A charging system upgrades.....for example.

As for fan kits, it depends on what kind of fan you plan to run-I prefer to use the RF24 dual speed T-Bird fans mounted inside the stock truck shroud and I build specific Motorcraft 2-speed harnesses for these fans as well as a universal 3-speed fan conversion harness. I also build fan kits using LS/LT1 fans, etc.

If you plan to use 77-80 doors or 81-87 doors I also build stock, HD relay equipped and/or auto down/up power window harnesses with power locks as well.

AAW and Painless offer nice upgraded fuse panels and a basic wire layout but that's about the extent of what they offer-if you want to get specific or have a factory style fit harness w/upgrades then I can offer what they can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64