Dakota Digital install with American Autowire harness- ETA adding TCI 4L60E control to the install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Back to work on this as my bulkhead came in. It is from Sharpe and is for an LS swap but we are using it for the trans wiring.

img_3188-jpeg.348547

img_3189-jpeg.348548

img_3185-jpeg.348544

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Spent a little time on this today. Going to try to wrap up the dash portion from drivers to passenger side.

TCI- TCU connections to the DD setup.
Speed outlut from TCI (orange) wire to the speed send terminal.
Pink wire- 12v ignition- there is an extra 12v key power on an unused section of the tach connector. Put a terminal on the wire and installed in spare 12v ig power.

DD wiring devices-
Oil pressure is a 3 wire and shield cable. It has you term shield and black under same terminal. Best way to do this is put them both in Ferrell then crimp. The other wires are color coded. Oil pressure sender is in factory location.

Thermostat- 2 wire unit and terminals are labeled. Mine is on the front top of the intake. The factory sender location here will not work with this sender and you will melt it if you have headers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Make your cable long enough to bring the terminal box out to work on it. You will thank me later for that. Nothing like trying to mess with terminals somewhere you can barely reach.

Attachments

• IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    222.5 KB · Views: 3

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
What connector ends are you using there?

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Back to work on this as my bulkhead came in. It is from Sharpe and is for an LS swap but we are using it for the trans wiring.

img_3188-jpeg.348547

img_3189-jpeg.348548

img_3185-jpeg.348544
I just picked up what I thought was one of these for the firewall for my Holley HP engine harness that I have never been happy with the grommet seat. Turns out the one I bought is what I think is a knock off from Amazon, but looks like Sharpe doesn't have the black one in stock anyway. Surprisingly the quality seems high for a knock off. @kkgp81 Do you just have to drill 2 holes while it's in place to install it?

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
What connector ends are you using there?

They are called ferrules. I use them in my day to day in control panels. It gives you a solid connection for the screws vs just tightening down on the wire which you can jiggle and pull out. This isn’t the exact ones I use but an Amazon prime kit that has a good start.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I just picked up what I thought was one of these for the firewall for my Holley HP engine harness that I have never been happy with the grommet seat. Turns out the one I bought is what I think is a knock off from Amazon, but looks like Sharpe doesn't have the black one in stock anyway. Surprisingly the quality seems high for a knock off. @kkgp81 Do you just have to drill 2 holes while it's in place to install it?

It has 3 holes in the back. You only use 2 and drill holes along side your big hole. Then it comes with 1/4” studs that you put it in and put nuts on from the back. I had to drop my vintage air system to install it but it’s a very nice part. I plan on sealing it up after everything gets where it’s going.

Dleslie212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7L 350
They are called ferrules. I use them in my day to day in control panels. It gives you a solid connection for the screws vs just tightening down on the wire which you can jiggle and pull out. This isn’t the exact ones I use but an Amazon prime kit that has a good start.

Thank you. What gauge wiring are you using?

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
It has 3 holes in the back. You only use 2 and drill holes along side your big hole. Then it comes with 1/4” studs that you put it in and put nuts on from the back. I had to drop my vintage air system to install it but it’s a very nice part. I plan on sealing it up after everything gets where it’s going.
Oh man I hope I can finagle it without moving the vintage air.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thank you. What gauge wiring are you using?
I think we’re running anything between #10 in there someone to I think I saw a 20ga wire coming off something.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh man I hope I can finagle it without moving the vintage air.

You might get lucky. The hole is right behind the blender box. I have gorilla mitts and couldn’t get the nuts on so had to pull the 2 bolts and 2 screws to drop the unit down.

Fact- the VA unit is much easier to bolt into place on the second run.

kkgp81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kelley
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Took the wife to a flick yesterday and then worked my way across the cab trying to wrap up the internal wiring. Trying to
Find a good spot for the TCU. The gas pedal bracket would allow 2 bolts.

Also maybe on the backside of the dash face- going to leave it loose for now.

Installed the VA vent hoses to get a feel for room.

Still have to connect the tan and violet wire from the VA unit and then work my way around to the pass fender. I was going to use the Batt2 terminal on the AA wiring harness for the TCI power but it has several warnings about straight to the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS