Non leaking thermostat housing for Edelbrock?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

motohunter4

Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
I have a swivel and it sucks. Any high rise that clears temp sensor on a performer intake?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I assume that the thermostat is leaking from the housing to manifold gasket? If so the solution is much easier than most folks make it and it doesnt matter what housing you have. There is one of two problems, the housing is not flat or the manifold is not flat. Start by checking the housings you have with a straight edge or a otherwise known flat object, and please don't assume you work bench is flat enough. If the housings are flat it's the manifold. At that point the solution is replacing the manifold or having the thermostat area on the manifold resurfaced. Possibly you maybe able to get it to seal by using a thicker gasket with a little good quality sealant on both sides like right stuff. For the thicker gasket you may have to buy some material and cut it yourself as they are typically only available in one thickness over the counter.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I know you said hi rise, but i have had no trouble with stock iron mated to the thing with the provided gasket(stant or ac delco i think)

You must be registered for see images attach

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I have a swivel also. It would sometimes leak from the swivel surface to base. I filled it up with rtv once set in position(no more swivel). It hasnt leaked since and that was 3 motors ago,lol. ONe stock manifold, one performer rpm, one performer rpm air gap.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I know you said hi rise, but i have had no trouble with stock iron mated to the thing with the provided gasket(stant or ac delco i think)

Not to derail this but I have a ? for AG. Did you have to modify the throttle spring bracket you are using on that performer intake. I have the same bracket and it wont fit where you have yours and thats where I suspect is best for it. Im using the damn hose clamp from the radiator....it works well but looks ghetto AF.

Also hows that check valve working out for the fuel line. I have like 10 of them in the shop but never used one before

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Not to derail this but I have a ? for AG. Did you have to modify the throttle spring bracket you are using on that performer intake. I have the same bracket and it wont fit where you have yours and thats where I suspect is best for it. Im using the damn hose clamp from the radiator....it works well but looks ghetto AF.

Also hows that check valve working out for the fuel line. I have like 10 of them in the shop but never used one before
I noticed when it started to get cold that it would start drain back to tank(havent done pump yet, behaving as expected.) and because time and money are tight, i figured to toss one on because i already had them. It does seem to work. Id say still needs 2 pumps to start after sitting for a long time but thats not unreasonable in my opinion. starts right up. Could be my timing + carb settings, too, so there is that.

You could put the throttle bracket in the back the carb supports a pull from up(to snap throttle closed) or pull from back down(to snap throttle clsoed), I couldnt use my original bracket because it wanted to interfere with the springs(the cable)

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
I noticed when it started to get cold that it would start drain back to tank(havent done pump yet, behaving as expected.) and because time and money are tight, i figured to toss one on because i already had them. It does seem to work. Id say still needs 2 pumps to start after sitting for a long time but thats not unreasonable in my opinion. starts right up. Could be my timing + carb settings, too, so there is that.

You could put the throttle bracket in the back the carb supports a pull from up(to snap throttle closed) or pull from back down(to snap throttle clsoed), I couldnt use my original bracket because it wanted to interfere with the springs(the cable)

Mine has some aftermarket linkage that is taking up the spot for throttle spring so I have to aim mine forward. I may have to grind a flat spot on the bracket so it will fit in that forward spot on the intake.
So.. as far as the two pumps Id say thats the tuning and not the bowl going empty. But then Ive never met a lady who thought two pumps was enough anyway.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Mine has some aftermarket linkage that is taking up the spot for throttle spring so I have to aim mine forward. I may have to grind a flat spot on the bracket so it will fit in that forward spot on the intake.
So.. as far as the two pumps Id say thats the tuning and not the bowl going empty. But then Ive never met a lady who thought two pumps was enough anyway.
Lol. I havent touched the idle screws except set the warm idle speed. I have played with timing only because i found out it was extremely retarded and i had r46 instead of r45 plugs in. Wrong gap too. So I had to advance timing to be close to proper just havent set it yet. nowe that i can see my timing mark maybe I should

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I have a swivel and it sucks. Any high rise that clears temp sensor on a performer intake?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Just get a thermostat housing that points straight up and then get a top hose for a TBI era motor. I believe my set up was for a ‘91 Blazer with a 350.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It is expensive for a thermostat housing. But I've been using this o ring thermostat housing.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsp-blk90334

No leaks unless I didnt get it tight and I've pulled it off and reused the orings a few times and its still working great. No RTV needed at all. But you definitely need to have a very clean surface for those O-rings to seal to. My aluminum, rpm performer's surface was decent enough.

Here's what it looks like (picture when I was installing the engine)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising