New Process A833 4speed w/ OD MY6 MM7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Out of the shower, got the **** off my leg.

Kinda cool how that happened. That guy didn't tell me anything about a trade, but asked how much it was again. So he brought cash ready to make a purchase and that's what I was expecting. But, turned out much better. The excitment started when he said, his wouldn't fit mine that it has an Octagon shape. I knew then, it was a Th400 adapter he was looking at and the NP A833 has the adapter built in, so all I care about is ROUND Tcase and 32 spline. NP208 ONLY came in round so once he said Octagon, I knew it was what I needed. He was pretty happy too, you could tell he needed to hold onto that cash.

But now I wonder, how much is this NP208 to Th400 adapter worth that I don't need??? For real, only 2 on eBay and both are $231??? Does that mean I should try for $100???

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I would go a little higher than that, maybe $175. Usually if people want something bad enough they will email you an offer.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Glad to hear HR! :grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I may open bid it for $100 with a Buy In Now for $125 and charge $20 shipping to cover the shipping fee and ebay and PayPal fees. Afterall, I was selling the Transfer Case for $100. So if I get that $100 that I was going to sell the Tcase for, and get a quick sale, then I got ANOTHER Tcase for FREE and one that I can use NOW until I find and can afford the Round NP205. That's how I roll. Budget Projects cuz they have to be.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I may open bid it for $100 with a Buy In Now for $125 and charge $20 shipping to cover the shipping fee and ebay and PayPal fees. Afterall, I was selling the Transfer Case for $100. So if I get that $100 that I was going to sell the Tcase for, and get a quick sale, then I got ANOTHER Tcase for FREE and one that I can use NOW until I find and can afford the Round NP205. That's how I roll. Budget Projects cuz they have to be.

Man that th400 NP205 I had I just sold and thought it was a racetrack pattern, but after I split from the transmission I am wondering now. I already sold it but for future refrences can you post a picture of both.

It was a round pattern that hooked to the Transmission, the adapter hooked to the transfercase was what i thought was the difference in racetrack and round?

Someone enlighten me. PLEASE.

Hydrolic clutch components shouldnt be to hard to come up with even buying them new, other then the pedals, and bell housing. What about driveshafts? If I was you I would be measuring the OAL of the 4spd with transfer and comparing it to your set up your usinbg now. Take the difference either way either onto or off of your drivelines and start finding a driveshaft if you dont already have them.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yep, I'm sure it'll work !!! I knew it would. All those ramblings up there for 7 pages, was a whole lotta looking around and diggin for info. This transfer case being dated 12/83, I'm going to assume is out of a CUCV. Wasn't it until after 86 that OEM Th400s started getting NP208's instead of NP205's??? Or am I getting confused with something else again???

Any 3/4 ton '81 and up would have the th400/np208 combo. I think the CUCV's were the only 1 tons that used the 208?

Man that th400 NP205 I had I just sold and thought it was a racetrack pattern, but after I split from the transmission I am wondering now. I already sold it but for future refrences can you post a picture of both.

It was a round pattern that hooked to the Transmission, the adapter hooked to the transfercase was what i thought was the difference in racetrack and round?

Hydrolic clutch components shouldnt be to hard to come up with even buying them new, other then the pedals, and bell housing. What about driveshafts? If I was you I would be measuring the OAL of the 4spd with transfer and comparing it to your set up your usinbg now. Take the difference either way either onto or off of your drivelines and start finding a driveshaft if you dont already have them.

The difference is the pattern on the t-case itself. Round pattern is 6 bolts in a near perfect circle.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

The driveshaft are the same as the 700r4/NP208 and since I used the spacer on my Th350 to match the length of the 700r4, the bell housing, A833 and NP208 are the same length, and the crossmember even stays in the same place. So I've got the driveshafts already. I had the bellhousing already, that is FREE since I got it with a SM465, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch fork and all for $50. Then I sold the SM465 ONLY for $100 and kept the rest of the stuff. This clutch will also work. Splines all match up, but OEM, the A833 did get an inch bigger clutch than the SM465. The Bell Housing I have is hydaulic. So as you mention, I need to buy new Clutch Master and Slave, then all I need is pedals and this puppy is good to go. But, I'm hoping to rebuild the trans with all new bearings, synchros, seals and gaskets. Inbowhunder isn't using his kit and making me a deal on it since he sold his truck and won't be using it. And I'ld also like to clean and put a gasket and seal kit in the Tcase. It's getting there. Finding a Tcase to fit the trans was a big hangup.

Any 3/4 ton '81 and up would have the th400/np208 combo. I think the CUCV's were the only 1 tons that used the 208?

The difference is the pattern on the t-case itself. Round pattern is 6 bolts in a near perfect circle.

Yes, that's what it is. The CUCV's were the only 1 tons to get NP208. I knew there was something significant about the CUCV. That's it. Any idea why they got the NP208??? Crazy reason really, but shift on the fly up to 25mph is said why CUCV used NP208's The CUCV models that came with the NP205, was also only for 1 reason. To run a power take off off the Tcase for other equipment and accessories.

Pic #1 is round pattern, Th400 splines,
attachment.php

Pic #2 is Racetrack Pattern Th350 splines.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NP205Round1.jpg
    NP205Round1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 314
  • NP205th35027splilemale1.jpg
    NP205th35027splilemale1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 427

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
HeYYYYYYYYYYY, I'm lying. Look close at the Round Pattern. I just knew it could be fuggin done. That round WAS a racetrack at one time. Someone redrilled holes and filled holes and converted it to round.
attachment.php

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
The driveshaft are the same as the 700r4/NP208 and since I used the spacer on my Th350 to match the length of the 700r4, the bell housing, A833 and NP208 are the same length, and the crossmember even stays in the same place. So I've got the driveshafts already. I had the bellhousing already, that is FREE since I got it with a SM465, clutch, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch fork and all for $50. Then I sold the SM465 ONLY for $100 and kept the rest of the stuff. This clutch will also work. Splines all match up, but OEM, the A833 did get an inch bigger clutch than the SM465. The Bell Housing I have is hydaulic. So as you mention, I need to buy new Clutch Master and Slave, then all I need is pedals and this puppy is good to go. But, I'm hoping to rebuild the trans with all new bearings, synchros, seals and gaskets. Inbowhunder isn't using his kit and making me a deal on it since he sold his truck and won't be using it. And I'ld also like to clean and put a gasket and seal kit in the Tcase. It's getting there. Finding a Tcase to fit the trans was a big hangup.

Yes, that's what it is. The CUCV's were the only 1 tons to get NP208. I knew there was something significant about the CUCV. That's it. Any idea why they got the NP208??? Crazy reason really, but shift on the fly up to 25mph is said why CUCV used NP208's The CUCV models that came with the NP205, was also only for 1 reason. To run a power take off off the Tcase for other equipment and accessories.

Pic #1 is round pattern, Th400 splines, Pic #2 is Racetrack Pattern Th350 splines.

are the pdeals the same for the manual clutch and the hydrolic? If they are i know where a truck is that has a set of pedals in it. the dude usually is pretty fair on prices to me, I could possably throw them in there on my way to texas next weekend. But you have to let me know pretty quick how much you can pay for them.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
HeYYYYYYYYYYY, I'm lying. Look close at the Round Pattern. I just knew it could be fuggin done. That round WAS a racetrack at one time. Someone redrilled holes and filled holes and converted it to round.
attachment.php

i must be blind cause i dont see any plugged holes circle them for us

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So this is what the NP208 WITH the Th400 adapter bolted to it looks like.
attachment.php

This is what the NP208 Looks like in the Round pattern, the only way a NP208 comes, looks WITHOUT that adapter.
attachment.php

Which bolts to the back of the A833 that has it's adapter built into the tailshaft.
attachment.php

Once Pic #2 above is bolted to Pic #3 above, it then looks like this.
attachment.php

And to get a NP205 bolted to the A833 adapter, I'll have to notch Pic #3 above in this post, to look like this and use a ROUND NP205 since the Racetrack as pictured above won't bolt up.
attachment.php

Attachments

• NP208spline32a.jpg
    NP208spline32a.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 306

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
are the pdeals the same for the manual clutch and the hydrolic? If they are i know where a truck is that has a set of pedals in it. the dude usually is pretty fair on prices to me, I could possably throw them in there on my way to texas next weekend. But you have to let me know pretty quick how much you can pay for them.

I think it was bucket who said they are different. As I understand, 82 and down used manual Z bar linkage, and 83 up got hydraulic. I couldn't believe Pull A Part had NO manual trans squares. They only had about 12 total. 1 was a K5 Blazer, 1 was a K10 Burb, the rest were all 2wd, and all were automatics. Only 1 was 3/4 ton, and it was a 2wd with 14b FF. Just not a good selection. I've done decided, I need to go hang with Retro for a couple days and spend the 2 days at Pick n Pull lot and bring home truckloads of parts to sell here.

i must be blind cause i dont see any plugged holes circle them for us

I guess you're right, and there isn't enough meat on the upper portion either. I just see the racetrack pattern is still there just not used.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Start saving your pennies...I'll even feed you.

Oh no you don't !!! I know what you're up to. You're gonna fatten me up !!! :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow: Yeah, one of these days, I would like to get there. From the stuff you bring back, there is obviously a much larger selection. A truck gets set on the ground here, it's like Pirana got to it and left a shell in about a day, maybe 2 if it's in bad shape. Like those PW and PL switches and pigtails I got, that truck was only on the ground ffor about an hour before I got there. I was surprised to see I got 4 of the 6 Jeep shafts though, and 1 of those I broke. I did leave one for someone else.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner