New member in Arkansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Welcome from Texas. Hope ya get back on your feet soon. Nice dog too!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. Have a MRI scheduled for Friday, as long as my insurance follows the plan. Go from there I suppose. Frankie is my wife's Great Dane. He is around 6'4 on his hind legs, and weighs about 225. He is getting older, and stiffer. But with time aren't we all.

My dog was just like one of my kids. This July 4th will be exactly two years since I lost him. He was a happy 10 year old Great Dane. I miss him everyday.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Your second oldest son looks a lot like my 5 yr old. Same hair! His mom is from Brazil.

My best dog was a Dane also. Female Brindle name Tiga. Breeders named her. She was small for a Dane, just 28" at the shoulder. She only made it to 7 yrs before her gut twisted. Darn pure breeds...

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.
Welcome to the forum. Nice pics. I love dogs, people are ok. I wish you the best.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
I appreciate it. Yeah, bloat is a damn curse to deep chested dogs.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Name is Brent. I am 33 married and have four kids. I drive an 88 suburban on 37s. I am by no means new to square bodies. I am however bedridden right now with a major herniated disc crushing my sciatic nerve. As of now I cant feel my left calf, or foot, and the slightest move is hellacious pain. So I figure to prowl around here, and keep watching Australians overland on YouTube. Glad to be here.
Dammit man. Sorry to hear about the back issues. I'm there with you at 53yo. I've had back issues since I was about 23 yo and had my first back surgery at 30, and another a few years later. All kinds of issues going wrong now. Limb numbness, severe pain, pin and needles pain in hands and feet, on and on. My back is junk from head to toe affecting my arms, hands, legs and feet. The best thing that works for me is traction therapy to stretch me back apart. Past that, just spend lots of time in bed in fetal position moving those disks off the sciatic nerves for some relief. Sitting on the sofa with my feet on an ottoman and in a wierd funky twisted posture position seems to help with pain releif too, of course it makes something hurt but at least getting a break from the severe pain. One of those hurts so good situations. At any rate, you got someone here that "Gets It". Good luck with all that. You won't be fixes overnight, and hopefully it's just an injury that can be fixed and not Disk Degenerative Disease with added Arthritis in all your joints. It's no fun.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome from Georgia and, hope you're back on your feet without pain soon!

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Dammit man. Sorry to hear about the back issues. I'm there with you at 53yo. I've had back issues since I was about 23 yo and had my first back surgery at 30, and another a few years later. All kinds of issues going wrong now. Limb numbness, severe pain, pin and needles pain in hands and feet, on and on. My back is junk from head to toe affecting my arms, hands, legs and feet. The best thing that works for me is traction therapy to stretch me back apart. Past that, just spend lots of time in bed in fetal position moving those disks off the sciatic nerves for some relief. Sitting on the sofa with my feet on an ottoman and in a wierd funky twisted posture position seems to help with pain releif too, of course it makes something hurt but at least getting a break from the severe pain. One of those hurts so good situations. At any rate, you got someone here that "Gets It". Good luck with all that. You won't be fixes overnight, and hopefully it's just an injury that can be fixed and not Disk Degenerative Disease with added Arthritis in all your joints. It's no fun.

Right you are. Sorry for your pain. The pain never disappears, but there is relief to be found in some weird positions. Glad to know someone understands. It's not easy to explain. It's worse than broken bones, it's worse than both my knee surgeries combined. It is just a constant. After being numb for so long, kinda starts getting in your head that maybe this is permanent. I have had a bad knee since I was young, so I never lifted properly. I am now paying for that. Lift with your knees is my new greeting to anyone I meet. Sorry for your pain again. I am on some strong pain relievers, but nerve pain is a completely different animal. Just praying to find some relief soon. Not getting my Hope's up, but a prayer never hurt.

x-ray showed some degeneration.
CT scan showed a lesion and inflammation.
MRI Friday.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Right you are. Sorry for your pain. The pain never disappears, but there is relief to be found in some weird positions. Glad to know someone understands. It's not easy to explain. It's worse than broken bones, it's worse than both my knee surgeries combined. It is just a constant. After being numb for so long, kinda starts getting in your head that maybe this is permanent. I have had a bad knee since I was young, so I never lifted properly. I am now paying for that. Lift with your knees is my new greeting to anyone I meet. Sorry for your pain again. I am on some strong pain relievers, but nerve pain is a completely different animal. Just praying to find some relief soon. Not getting my Hope's up, but a prayer never hurt.

x-ray showed some degeneration.
CT scan showed a lesion and inflammation.
MRI Friday.

I certainly is much worse than broken bones...

Prayer my friend is way beyond "never hurt" because it in fact works. Sometimes that is all that's left.. Too bad we often look toward prayer as a last resort when it should be the first. I'm not saying you're not praying enough, just want to highlight this for everyone. Your creator loves you because look at the beautiful family He bestowed you.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Brent please try to use the 'Quote' button when responding as it makes responding much easier. Then we don't have to dig through the forum menu to find threads we comment in. Thanks

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Brent please try to use the 'Quote' button when responding as it makes responding much easier. Then we don't have to dig through the forum menu to find threads we comment in. Thanks

Sorry about that. Will do. I usually just prowl, and find what I need.

Wi chevvy guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Welcome from Wisconsin im also an 88 burb head 4×4 nice pics

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome from Wisconsin im also an 88 burb head 4×4 nice pics

Thanks man. Yeah, I have always been drawn to the big ones. Even kept an eye on an Excursion for a while(diesel of course). It was never gonna materialize, but they are some gargantuan trucks, and that I like.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
So I had my MRI today which resulted in bad news for me. When I got home from the MRI my whole left side caught fire, and I could not stop it. My wife called an ambulance because I kept passing out from the pain. More pills to try and get me by till surgery.

MRI results:

Disc Bulge at L4 and L5 and S1
Disc Protrusion at L5 and S1

My primary sent off an emergency referral to a spinal surgeon today.

LIFT WITH YOUR KNEES!

Wumbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks everyone. Have a MRI scheduled for Friday, as long as my insurance follows the plan. Go from there I suppose. Frankie is my wife's Great Dane. He is around 6'4 on his hind legs, and weighs about 225. He is getting older, and stiffer. But with time aren't we all.

My dog was just like one of my kids. This July 4th will be exactly two years since I lost him. He was a happy 10 year old Great Dane. I miss him everyday.

That's a pain that I understand. Lost my bud on mothers day. Rest in peace Frank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31