New Member in Virginia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Im in Leesburg. About an hour northwest of DC.

I’ve got family in the northern suburbs of Dallas and I’m there frequently!

Keep in touch next time you're in the area. We've got some good BBQ places out here in the boonies.

Docolds

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500
Engine Size
Welcome from Virginia too. I was born at Langley Air Force base hospital, where in Virginia are you?

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
Welcome from Virginia too. I was born at Langley Air Force base hospital, where in Virginia are you?
My dad was stationed at Langley Field, flying P-47's (yeah, I know that was a couple of centuries ago), when I was born. After the USAF & DOD was born on 18 Sep, 1947, the pentagon decided that military families could use any other military medical facility. Langley Field only had a clinic, so the nearest military medical facility that had an OB/GYN capability was Portsmouth Naval Hospital.

Last edited:

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Leesburg/Loudoun County. Just far enough outside of DC to get a little space!

How about you?

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Welcome from PA, i agree with @Shorty81 , stock looks good! Solid looking rig. Wouldnt mind seeing the dash light change.

Sorry, I’m really behind in replying. Here it is before I got the lens and dash back on. Getting everything back on actually made it even better, visibility wise, because it closed off a lot of those spaces around the gauges where light was “bleeding” out.

Attachments

• F347F511-27AA-4F41-9934-E13F646FC8E3.jpeg
    F347F511-27AA-4F41-9934-E13F646FC8E3.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 33

LocoLocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
Don’t have a build thread yet so I’ll put this in here for now.

My seat was the original red leather. There was a big hole in the drivers side and foam was coming out. It came with a seat cover but I wanted to get a nice seat because comfort has a lot to do with the driving experience IMO. After looking at upholstery and foam, I figured I would be in $400-500 on a DIY project. Found a great deal for just a little more from a guy in PA - Pennell Trimming (https://www.facebook.com/GregPennellMT) Plus, I got to take the truck out for a little (5 hour) road trip.

The red houndstooth is from a 60s Chevy truck. It’s a one of a kind piece and is going to look killer once I get it in the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

So I pulled the old seat and underneath was a lot worse than I thought. Even found a little friend under there (RIP).

The carpet is in decent shape but really dirty. The insulation under the carpet is in pretty bad shape and peeling off in a lot of places. Wasn’t originally planning on it but I’m going to rip it all out and replace the insulation with some sound deadening material and a layer of closed cell foam. I’ll shampoo the carpet and put that back on. I just couldn’t put that beautiful seat in with the rest of the interior looking like this! Oh, and the wife bought me new seatbelts as an early bday present, so the interior should really shine once this project is done.

It will be interesting to see what the floor pans look like.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size