Need honest quote for this truck, not a I know what I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
More pictures taken today
You must be registered for see images attach

Dual battery setup

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Shipping would be an absolute killer, but that is a $5K+ truck all day long here in Pennsylvania. Sub $3000 squares here are in various stages of disassembly or you can see directly through to the ground due to the rust issues.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Here's some more info on the truck, the door dent is from a cow. So it wasn't in a moving fender bender. Like I said this is going to be a project for whom ever gets it!
I'd buy it for 2k delivered
The only option it needs to have is the 350. Looks like a 305 per the vin

Hammerback

Reaction score
First Name
Coby
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
After reading what people estimate this truck is worth, I’m starting to think I may have been burnt buying my truck. By the looks of it, the seller should have paid me at least a grand for taking it out of her driveway.
I wish the lady selling this truck the best of luck, very nice of you to help her avoid the types of individuals that may try to take advantage of her, I’m sure she could use whatever money it brings in the end.

cstew47

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
If it runs, shifts and the T/C works, you might get 3K, but I would say that is the upper limit. Mileage probably doesn't matter at this point.

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
It’s worth more because it’s a 4WD short bed, and they are hard to find. However, it’s in really dirty shape , and many folks can’t see past the dirt and the small broken parts (inside doors pull, dash bezel, etc.).

It would take 4-5 days to do a full cleaning, and then you have to find the broken parts. And until you get into the mechanical evaluation there is a risk you will find a major problem. Even a simple carburetor, water pump, etc. replacement adds up quickly. All those factors have to be considered in your offer, since that elbow grease and parts search/replacement is all on you.

If it can be started up and run up to operating temp, then I’d probably go as high as $2k, and maybe more if it runs around the block and shifts properly. If it cannot be run and driven then it’s just a rolling chassis with a completely unknown drivetrain. Are you ready to put $1-3k to replace/repair an engine or transmission just to get it operational?

This is the time to be a pessimist, not an optimist when you estimate how much work it will take. “Running before parked and disabled” is not a useful status from a woman who knows nothing about the real mechanicals. Does it also have a Corvette 350? :)

Baxter Beutler

Reaction score
First Name
baxter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Market for these is kind of all over. If it runs and drives good and can stop. maybe 2-4k because it appears rust free but is in rough shape

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'd give 2k for it right now if it was in this area.....screw it, I'll drive my truck another year with rusty fenders/bedsides lol. Not being molested much by everyone and their brother, sister/wife....what ever suits ur fancy lol....to me it's worth more than $4k if it moves.

Soundmound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Not being molested much by everyone and their brother, sister/wife....what ever suits ur fancy lol....to me it's worth more
This all day. I have read the horror stories about PO(s) that have hatchet jobbed the wiring. I made sure mine was unmolested in that regard because at least I know THAT part should be easier on me for the mild restoration I am undertaking. Now a short wide K is an uncommon rig for the most part and even rough as she looks is probably in most folks wheelhouse in the $2k range. Good original colors for repainting, looks fuel injected so more of a swap and go for parts vs. my Cali equipped carb lol. Certainly it would part out for more than that no?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
This all day. I have read the horror stories about PO(s) that have hatchet jobbed the wiring. I made sure mine was unmolested in that regard because at least I know THAT part should be easier on me for the mild restoration I am undertaking. Now a short wide K is an uncommon rig for the most part and even rough as she looks is probably in most folks wheelhouse in the $2k range. Good original colors for repainting, looks fuel injected so more of a swap and go for parts vs. my Cali equipped carb lol. Certainly it would part out for more than that no?
Dude if u think thats rough.....you aint seen nothing. Don't part it. Sell it to a dad/mom/son/daughter project. Parting it out would be worse than buying a new car off the lot and parting it out IMO.

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
its off the market, I told her what everyone hear said and it is going to be a project and not being parted out.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
its off the market, I told her what everyone hear said and it is going to be a project and not being parted out.
So, got the next project lined up eh?

85K304SPD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
$1000 - $1500, to somebody that is going to save it. Its mostly all there, but it is going to need lots of attention and more parts than you would think.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good gracious. I'd buy something like that for $1500 all day long every day. Even with the cost of shipping, I could double my money without laying a wrench on that thing here in PA.

I'd fix it and drive it personally. But, you all have no idea what us rust belt people would do to find something like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii