I need help and to know what this truck is worth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Sitting for over 30 years, neglected so bad a tree has grown through it and twisted it up, AND no title? Tell the guy you'll take down the tree for free (a tree company would charge over a grand easy) and tow it out of there for him to free up some space.

Honestly I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred even if I heard it run and it sounded great. I bet it's rotted to all holy hell underneath and in the cowl, probably a nasty mouse hotel inside the cab... realistically there's probably not much useable left even. Not a good deal at all if you have to pay more than a day's wages for it honestly, and that's if he gets off his ass and straightens out the title situation first. I mean, he bought it in '91 with no title and parked it for 30 years? It was a 4 year old vehicle still worth a decent amount at the time. Sounds fishy to me. Call the local PD for a VIN-verification

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
I just can't fathom all the guys saying they would pay $1k for a truck that hasn't run(or MOVED) in 30 years, has visible rust through, has the crazy title story this does, HAS A TREE GROWING OUT OF IT, etc...

How hard is it to find a square on the east coast?!?!? I mean damn. With a title, and only sitting a few years, I would think $1k tops. Clean title and not running in this condition... $500 tops. Title situation and this condition... he would need to pay me to haul it off.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I just can't fathom all the guys saying they would pay $1k for a truck that hasn't run(or MOVED) in 30 years, has visible rust through, has the crazy title story this does, HAS A TREE GROWING OUT OF IT, etc...

How hard is it to find a square on the east coast?!?!? I mean damn. With a title, and only sitting a few years, I would think $1k tops. Clean title and not running in this condition... $500 tops. Title situation and this condition... he would need to pay me to haul it off.
Dude I'm from central NH, the MF-ing land of salt rust, and I wouldn't pay much for this thing if I heard it start cold, warm up at idle, and flawlessly rev to 5000rpm. It's stuck in a fcuking tree and has a sketchy history at best. And in addition to being 2wd it's sinking into the ground. Sure trucks are more expensive back east, but dude even up here that's not worth much at all.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

I'm usually one of the folks defending a parked and forgotten truck, stating all the good points and whatnot. But not in this case.

1k? Not a chance. The title thing sounds funny. Who the hell buys a late model truck (at the time) and doesn't get a title? There's a flaw in the slaw, as Roscoe P Coltrane would say.

If the vin happens to check out ok, maybe 400 bucks tops and you get to keep the firewood. If you have no use for firewood, tell the guy 350 and there's no guarantee to what gets smashed when you fell the tree. Just try to keep it off the truck obviously, lol.

Steppin Razor

Reaction score
First Name
S
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 silverado
Engine Size
I would pass. You'd have to pay me to take it, and I'd probably pass on that, too. These trucks are getting more expensive, but they still aren't that hard to find. To me, that's a parts truck.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Looks like a nice c10 under the tree junk. Most of the rigs I have once looked like this one does. It will clean up

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
What if it is stolen?

Is it worth an arraignment?

Call the Sheriff and ask them to inspect the VIN in person and clear is not stolen in the state you intend to title it.

Charge $1000.00 to remove it and for the frustration re-titling. It will suck, family members will be contacted...
Claims may be made to recover it... you may never get a clear title... etc.

Have a title application in the works and a registration with tags on it "IN YOUR NAME", BEFORE you move it a single inch...

Thousands of Square Body's are for sale, after a divorse, stolen from friends, people in prison... ALL WORTHLESS, without a clear title.

(Edited so as not to attract the flame wars...):flame:

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah that's a whole 'nother can o' worms.....
In Texas, if you were in a rural county where everybody knows everybody, maybe you'd get to keep it IF the person it was stolen from can't be found or doesn't want it back. Most likely, if it was stolen, someone got an insurance payout, or didn't get Jack if they didn't have insurance. In a big county like where I live, it'd be stuck in bureaucracy till it rusted away.
Vehicle title matters where I live are fun to deal with anyway, because the only office that does that work is on the other side of town, has virtually no parking, and post 'Rona you must have an appointment and you'll still be there all day... outside...in a line. Title searches are done in Austin (at the home office) and it takes a minimum of two weeks before you find out anything. And that's what I was told, before COVID...who knows now?

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Looks like a nice c10 under the tree junk. Most of the rigs I have once looked like this one does. It will clean up
I can see potential under the tree, like you, but I can also see the other side of the discussion and valid points there. Had cars in the backyard that got treed; not fun to get them out and in most cases, not much left once you did.
IF you could get it freed and it's not too twisted up to save, and IF it's not recorded as stolen (see my other post) if I were you I would only offer $500. In any case, with this many "IF"s I would get it as cheap as possible. That way, if you can get it home and then find out it's worse off that you thought, you've got a better chance of getting your investment back, parting it out.
Good luck!

GTX63

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
$500-1k for the truck in the photos with no title and the same guy has owned it for decades makes that a good deal as a parts truck. The bed, fenders, doors, drive train etc can all be used on another project and spare items sold off to offset the costs. As a donor truck, the money isn't as sketchy as the owner needing to look at it again before he can figure out a price, and not even offering to locate a title.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad