Need exhaust ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My true duals are attatched to long tubes, i ran them straight back with an autozone hanger on each one bolted to an already drilled hole in one of the crossmembers. Super easy and quick. I never finished running them out from under the box because i was in a hurry and wanted it to be loud and roudy.

You must be registered for see images attach
I had my flowmaster 44 ran all way to rear bumper but never put the tips on. Used 2.5" pipe. Several years ago and now the piping is rusting bad and the manifold bolts are almost gone.It only cost about $180 to do it all in 2002. Times change Lol

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No name 3” chambered mufflers with turnouts behind Hooker headers at idle. Cold start so I have blower surge more than usual.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A little bit above idle with 3” Flowmasters

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had my flowmaster 44 ran all way to rear bumper but never put the tips on. Used 2.5" pipe. Several years ago and now the piping is rusting bad and the manifold bolts are almost gone.It only cost about $180 to do it all in 2002. Times change Lol
Mine are 3" from the collector all the way out. Theyve been on maybe 4 years and still in solid shape.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
I personally am a glass pack guy. My 76 currently has some Mr Gasket headers (traded a case of natty lite for them), 3 inch collector into 2.25 pipe, 18 inch glass packs, mandrel 90's out in front of the axle. Cost around $100 to do. Planning on adding an H pipe soon
I like the sound of it, somewhat reminds me of the muscle truck but not as much shriek

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I personally am a glass pack guy. My 76 currently has some Mr Gasket headers (traded a case of natty lite for them), 3 inch collector into 2.25 pipe, 18 inch glass packs, mandrel 90's out in front of the axle. Cost around $100 to do. Planning on adding an H pipe soon
I like the sound of it, somewhat reminds me of the muscle truck but not as much shriek
Natty light headers! Lol

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I still got two pennies....

hold on we need a tunes.

Dude.
I rave constantly about Hooker Super Turbos.

I ALSO drone on and on about H-pipes.

See attached video of the 40s with H-pipe and side exits.

hope this helps!

but for real? You can buy stupid expensive exhaust parts out of a salvage yard...

mufflers, tips, headers, pipes..ever consider Craigslist or something?
You can find chevy exhaust systems all over, you dont gotta make a new one if you want cheap? just sayin, its a good idea.
People make good livins that way...
I know Gary Camaro lets that **** go super cheap. Think cat-back out of a yard or somethin.
You could save a shitload of money!

youre on your own with a magnablow. i took that junk OFF my Camaro to run a Flowmaster.

Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I had glass packs on my 98 with the vortec 5.7 for a while. I actually really liked the sound. They were longer so it wasn’t extremely loud, just had a really nice tone. I thought so anyway. That truck had cats though, not sure how much difference that makes. Glass packs are stupid cheap too, but for some reason a lot of people turn their nose up at them.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I still got two pennies....

hold on we need a tunes.

Dude.
I rave constantly about Hooker Super Turbos.

I ALSO drone on and on about H pipes.

See attached video of the 40s with H pipe and side exits.

hope this helps!

but for real? You can buy stupid expensive exgaust parts out of a salvage yard...

mufflers, tips, headers, pipes..ever consider Craigslist or something?
You can find chevy exhaust systems all over, you dont gotta make a new one if you want cheap? just sayin, its a good idea.
People make good livins that way...
I know Gary Camaro lets that **** go super cheap. Think cat-back out of a yard or somethin.
You could save a shitload of money!

youre on your own with a magnablow. i took that junk OFF my Camaro to run a Flowmaster.
I’m not talking bad about Flowmaster, I’ve just had these since 2003. And I also had them on my 98 and 2006 Silverados. They sounded good before the hole blew out. I guess I just want to try something different since everyone around here seems to have them.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had glass packs on my 98 with the vortec 5.7 for a while. I actually really liked the sound. They were longer so it wasn’t extremely loud, just had a really nice tone. I thought so anyway. That truck had cats though, not sure how much difference that makes. Glass packs are stupid cheap too, but for some reason a lot of people turn their nose up at them.
Ive had a few... i turn my nose to them, to quiet for me. Personal preference though.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
No name 3” chambered mufflers with turnouts behind Hooker headers at idle. Cold start so I have blower surge more than usual.

A little bit above idle with 3” Flowmasters
Omfg that truck is the sexiest on GMSB!!! I like the blower surge, makes it sound mean!!

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
I bought a pair of Hooker Maximum Flow mufflers for my '78 stepside 2 decades ago. I love the way they sound and have put them on everything since. Never been a big fan of Flowmaster though.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I’m not talking bad about Flowmaster, I’ve just had these since 2003. I guess I just want to try something different since everyone around here seems to have them.

i'm with ya.Woke up and realized three of five vehicles in DA FLEET have Flowmasters and it's my fault.

:imo: magnablow sounds confused like it got here by accident, took a wrong turn or something and forgot to turn in his paper.
I repel from that sound and I think it's for noobs that paint aluminum wheels black and put both stickers on their back window.
(they're glass-packed)

Really i'm with ya though. I could totally hop on the THRUSH glasspack train and consider that an extremely viable option.
Super.Duper curious to find what you pick out.
:waytogo:
Good luck!

likely second choice

Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
i'm with ya.Woke up and realized three of five vehicles in DA FLEET have Flowmasters and it's my fault.

:imo: magnablow sounds confused like it got here by accident, took a wrong turn or something and forgot to turn in his paper.
I repel from that sound and I think it's for noobs that paint aluminum wheels black and put both stickers on their back window.
(they're glass-packed)

Really i'm with ya though. I could totally hop on the THRUSH glasspack train and consider that an extremely viable option.
Super.Duper curious to find what you pick out.
:waytogo:
Good luck!

likely second choice
I think im going to do an entirely new system from the manifolds back. I THINK I’ve narrowed it down to Either a glass pack or turbo style muffler. And so far I like what I’m hearing from thrush.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL