My Mean 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
Short tailshaft TH350 in a longbed would need a specially made (lengthened) driveshaft and I would hate to see how much it would cost for a nearly 6' x 3.5" new tube for it.

$475 done checked lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
that would be awesome HR, what i was told by my driveshaft place here is that the drive shaft i had could be lengthened because it had the bell ends on it which made not lengthable? anyway, if one of those drive shafts are a even diameter tube and not smaller at the ends i can have it lengthened and i would be much happier with a one piece, so length wouldnt be a problem as long as it can be lengthened

When I get out back, I'll see if I have one of them out there. If I don't then it's at my dads in the back of the K10 with the others under the camper shell.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
alright, I really appreciate that HR :grd:

gilbertjr04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Looks like its going to be one tough ENGINE:)

gilbertjr04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gilbert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Its got alot of goodies on it and its a sleeper looks pretty much stock until you start it up and try to hang with it haha i could have done alot more but im building a beastly 383 going all out with it ill post pic of it later

let me know what ya think or if you wanna know whats all on it let me know

Looks really tough. I bet it sounds really tough too:Jedi:

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
Looks really tough. I bet it sounds really tough too:Jedi:

Yeah it sounds pretty good man, im fixing to head out to work or i would post a youtube video for you if you look in the video threads you will find some videos of it if you wanna take a gander at it haha

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
looking back at this post.....and now wow talk about a reality check...haha anyway much has changed!! lets just put it that way lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, it's embarrassing for me to look back on posts that are 2 years old and realize not a mutha fuggin thing has changed.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
A 260 cam would do the trick...even stock TBI cams have a nice lope...especially with no cat in the exhaust.

This I agree with this! After listening to the video from the OP, I would almost bet my stock motor has more lope at idle.

Before my current truck, I had an '85 with a muther thumper cam and a higher stall converter. You want lope, get a thumper cam!

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
lol....those video are like right after it was built motor was still fresh.. that motor and same cam now sounds nothing like those videos anymore... i guess after a good 20k miles on and hard miles lol...changes things not sure but i do know that it still runs perfect and seem to run better than it did 2 years ago....

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
ive kinda run out of interest in it for awhile until recently...its been sitting with blown trans #4 here in west texas for about 6 months while i build my own custom trans a little at a time...so under the hood is all dusty and dirty. i still crank it up and let it run and keep the battery charged on it...just so it doesnt sit..ive still have a crap load of stuff that i was gonna put on but never have...i have a locker for the 10 bolt and alot of interior stuff for it and still need to get it painted...kinda been thinking about finding a SWB same year and model for the engine and stuff..but idk just wanna get the truck going again and putt around town in it..like a weekend driver

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Have you got a 700r4 in it now? If you're willing to lose the OD, put a Th350 or Th350C with lock up converter in it. Then you'll have a trans that will tolerate some abuse and not need to be rebuilt every year or every other year.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
its got a TH350 in it now...im building myself a 700r4 with a kit from TCI off of summit racing..also some people its not just a shift kit you need..ive heard that some internal parts like the sun gear possibly need upgrading and the output or was input shaft i dont remember now..because when i do get around to installing the locker that i got...im gonna gear it either 4.11 or 4.56 like you recommend 2 years ago..lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
There's several parts that need upgraded. Some will retrofit from later years, some will not. Got to be careful what you're putting with what or it won't work. Yes, the sunshell needs to be upgraded to the Beast or the Smart Shell for sure.

lusktommy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7L (350ci)
i have one that came out of a 1993 burb 1500..it has the what i call the rainbow mark on the side of the case...from my understanding that supposed to be the better 700r4s...and yeah i have a overhual manual that im going by and i talk to summit a couple of times before i got the kit just to make sure that it would work..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64