Just Left Shop Help Pls!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well... no this is not likely. But possibly a stuck caliper... but then you could detect that wheel or rotor getting hot, and most likely would smell burnt brake toast. But sometimes with a well worn pad you can't smell burnt brake like a new pad for example.
So check that brake temp on the side it's pulling...

I'll agree with this ^

What @HotRodPC and @Jrgunn5150 said earlier, getting the front end up, off the ground rotating and checking things out will be a great starting point and will give us more information about where the problem is, definitely a few possibilities.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
anyway i got it in July last year it was leaking oil and my batteries kept dien went through an alternator so I -ad it towed there was all kinda oil all underneath on Dry Shaft Axles everything underneath so this shop tells me it is the rear main seal $500 will fix it. Well i said ok week later I go to pick it up and it won't start! I refused to take it on they did was jump it its dark im 45 miles from home. anyway they tell me I only owe them 250$ cause it wasent seal something with oil filter and oil needed tighten and they only had to change oil what not and a new manifold gasket i think. well truck stayed they do nothin but go buy a new battery I en i told them i never want a new in until they found out why the 3 batteries before had to be changed... anyway that's when i got it back a week later lol and my new battery died within a month and read bad cell soo needless to say took battery back then my fusible link goes out my friend jumps over it put it back together and truck never died after but lights are still dimming anyway im fed up I have no man to do the job right and shops are failing me! I'm ready to sell or learn myself! So here I am. OH GOSH hold on i hi tomething on key board and I cant backspace and gotta grab kids from school brb sorry its a mess im rushing

Sorry, I missed the question.

You were right. It's sad. But the people here will get you steered in the right direction. (See what I did there?)

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Why would we want + camber?

I’m not saying you would. I freaked out when mine had 1.5* positive, but the GM spec sheet said that was the ideal factory setting. At least then I knew that something hadn’t been tore up.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
I learned a long time ago in early 70's you CANNOT trust GM on 4wheel drive alignment specs. That's why they developed the upper ball joint offset and later the shim behind the spindle. 1.5 is way too much camber no matter what you are doing with a rig

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Wow look at us. It's like an episode of The Little Rascals when Darla shows up and all the boys tuck in their shirts and fix their hair. THERE'S A GIRL ON THE FORUM!!! Everybody behave!

Didnt even realize that until you said something then I looked at the screen name.

The steering wheel not being straight is just that. The turn signal not canceling is related to the position of the steering wheel also. Sounds like the shop didnt know what they were doing and tried to reclock the steering wheel to compensate for not aligning correctly and when they did that they broke plastic that keeps the horn from honking when not is use. Then added on they needs a new column as part of the reason for your issues. When you are going down the road straight if you let go of the wheel will the truck go straight or does it pull? Ignore the position of the wheel while thinking about this.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
With the steering being off and saying they used 3/4 tank of gas I am wondering if they might have hit a bad pot hole with the passenger side front tire while they had it and maybe bent or moved something? Then it would not matter if the alignment was correct or not it "could" cause the pull. Then as Kacy says above they tried to "reclock" the wheel. :shrug: just something else to look at.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I learned a long time ago in early 70's you CANNOT trust GM on 4wheel drive alignment specs. That's why they developed the upper ball joint offset and later the shim behind the spindle. 1.5 is way too much camber no matter what you are doing with a rig

I gotcha. I don’t like it either.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow look at us. It's like an episode of The Little Rascals when Darla shows up and all the boys tuck in their shirts and fix their hair. THERE'S A GIRL ON THE FORUM!!! Everybody behave!

Anyway, back to trucks. Some vehicle history would be helpful. How long have you had it, when did the problem start? Was it sudden, or gradual? Where there any other steering issues before that? You mentioned another shop. What did they do and is that when the problem originated?

We're doing good too. She's made 12 posts and I don't think we ran her off yet. Hopefully she don't find that one thread you found yesterday or the day before. :happy175:

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
If you didn't freak her out with your, um,.. recommendations? I don't think that one will make her disappear either. She seems to be made of stronger stuff than that.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
If you didn't freak her out with your, um,.. recommendations? I don't think that one will make her disappear either. She seems to be made of stronger stuff than that.
I think you're right, she already found our trick to getting what we want from the other halves. Not sure how she'll react when she finds out bucket ***** in the back seat of Lincolns at Pull A Part though. :shrug:

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I think you're right, she already found our trick to getting what we want from the other halves. Not sure how she'll react when she finds out bucket ***** in the back seat of Lincolns at Pull A Part though. :shrug:
:slap: Ya just HAD to bring that up?? :shrug:

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I had a similar problem, turned out to be a collapsed brake line.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
By the sound of what this 'shop' has done, there's a myriad of things they may have screwed up.
But we can help fix it all!
I wish she would post the name of the shop. CALL OUT THOSE BUMS!
Her truck should be taking her for a ride, not that shop.
These kinds of parasites just PMO!

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
She's been quiet for a while. Hopefully she'll be back. I hate it when somebody has a serious problem and reaches out for help and then it goes

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Patience. She's a single mom and she probably has her hands full.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus