Internal engine rust treated with Kano ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have an engine that was stored for a time uncovered, pulled the heads cleaned up and used a cylinder hone cleaned up good. Pulled the oil pan and oil pump screen is clean looks like may be able to save bottom end looks great. Gonna try to spray some Kano on everything and let it set for a week and see what happens, anyone ever used Kano before? Of course the motor is locked up, just trying to get it back in service will pull the pistons and go with new rings bearings and completely hone the cylinders.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Kano, like Kroil? I use Kroil all the time, that stuff works great. Not only is it a good penetrant but yeah it will dissolve some rust too. Very light rust, nothing pitted or with scale, but some light surface browning will come right off

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
Kroil is the shiznat. Only ever used it as penetrating oil, but it’s the best I’ve tried in that respect.

Tough to find around here so I usually default to PB Blaster, which is a distant second. One of these days I need to pick up another 1/2 gal of kroil though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynhigh88