Inside door handle install. How do you get the retaining clip connected from the pull rod to the lock mech, ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1 bad corvette

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
87 Silverado, 82 Blazer, 80 GMC
Truck Model
3/4 ton, 1/2 ton, and 1/2 ton respectivly
Engine Size
5.7 in all of them
I am having problems trying to get the retaining clip on the rod that goes from the inside door handle to the lock mech. inside the door. Any ideas or help ? working on my 80 GMC short box 4x4. Thanks in advance.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The small white plastic clip (27) that goes on the end of the rod? One end has a hole in it that goes over the bent end of the rod. The other end of that clip swivels and snaps on the rod preventing it from falling off. Its a tight fit working inside the door. Be careful snapping that clip off, it's very easy to break it.
Or...your talking about the metal (26/29) clips? Those slip over the end of the rod and then slide up/down to lock in place. There's a very small grove on the end of the rods that the clip rides in. To remove you have to slightly bend the ear out and it will slide up and out to come off the rod.

Attachments

• Door 80.JPG
    Door 80.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

1 bad corvette

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
87 Silverado, 82 Blazer, 80 GMC
Truck Model
3/4 ton, 1/2 ton, and 1/2 ton respectivly
Engine Size
5.7 in all of them
Thanks for the reply, I am trying to get the metal clip that holds the rod to the lock mech that allows you to open the door from the inside. It is where the clip #27 attaches from the rod to the latch.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512