I want a rear sliding window!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I did it. I ordered the rear sliding window today from LMC. $229.00.

The same exact window is sold thru Classic Parts for the same price. Brothers advertise one with "solar" tint for half the price but it says "coming soon". I'm a little skeptical on that one.

The LMC and classic one are only available in gray tint. I'm cool with that.

When it arrives I'll give a rundown of it and let y'all know the scoop.

Paladin

"Teufelshunde"
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 Silverado Crew Cab Dually
Engine Size

The same exact window is sold thru Classic Parts for the same price. Brothers advertise one with "solar" tint for half the price but it says "coming soon". I'm a little skeptical on that one.

Got my finger on the trigger on one of those as well, now I have to wait for your update!:cheers:

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I put the CR Lawrence tinted 4 panel window into my last truck. I used a standard flat glass weather strip. It installed easily, but it is not very dark as you can see from the pictures. Had I kept the truck, I was going to add tint to it. Latches are better than the OEM style (metal).

The main thing I didn't like is when I washed the truck with a pressure nozzle, water would easily leak past the vertical gaskets/felts located between the fixed panes and the sliders. It's been 4 years since I sold the truck, so I don't remember if it leaked in the rain, but I don't think so.

You must be registered for see images attach

Were did you find or who built the rear bumper? And why did you get rid of that truck?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I called LMC and Classic Parts and asked them why the description was similar between theirs and what Brothers was offering for $149. I was told their are two manufacturers, one in the U.S. and one imported. The higher priced one advertises having curved glass that follows the contour of the cab.

One of the things I hate about my OEM glass is it's flat and the reflections are horrible. Most of the time I can't see out the rear view mirror. I'm hoping the slight vertical curve alleviates some of that.

Assuming everything I was told was true, I'll gladly pay more for USA made. Don't get me started on the Chinese junk!

mtnmankev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
1984, 1983
Truck Model
K10, C20
Engine Size
383 Stroker, 350
I love having sliding rear windows in both my squares, but I hate the rattle in my ears when driving on a rough road.

CrazyArk

Reaction score
First Name
Ark
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 High Sierra
Engine Size
355 (0.030+)
Even I can say, if you do run across the rare wrecking yard, and you find a square with the window and it has the chrome trim in it? ...That is the reusable one, GRAB IT! It takes some patience, but you can get that strip out and makes it so you can work the old window free, and with far more patience, the replacement in. Love my sliding rear, but someone in the past bent the crapola out of the latch, love the options im seeing in this thread for newer ones.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Problem with brothers is you pay almost as much in shipping as the window costs. I almost ordered one through them but damn. I won’t pay for something that should be free or heavily discounted for large companies.

I just received my new C.R. Lawrence slider after having to cut out my factory slider and finding out seals are no longer available.

How much and from where did you order it? One I was looking at from them was almost 400. But My Pops used to have the brand and since I’m sorta trying to get the truck the way he had it , I’d be tempted to use that brand over others.

Dave M

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When l fitted mine the instructions said to leave the chrome strip in the rubber seal, to tape over it, to hold it in place. (if you have that style) I managed to push the glass and seal out together and fit the slider in, on my own.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
ignoring the sunroof, do you mean either of these for silver trim?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Were did you find or who built the rear bumper? And why did you get rid of that truck?

The bumper is a Reunel that came with the truck. I put one on my K30 that I found on Craigslist. It was for a 90's Ford, so I had the brackets modified. The Pre-2000 bumpers are shorter in height than newer models. Plans are to powder coat it gunmetal gray, then add diamond plate to the sides like photo #2. Reunel got bought out by Buck Stop a few years ago.

I got rid of the '79 as it was a short bed and had a smogged down 350. The K30 is a fully loaded Silverado with a 454 with no cats.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I love having sliding rear windows in both my squares, but I hate the rattle in my ears when driving on a rough road.

So your saying the window is quite old? Weatherstripping does dry out and shrink in time
Problem with brothers is you pay almost as much in shipping as the window costs. I almost ordered one through them but damn. I won’t pay for something that should be free or heavily discounted for large companies.

How much and from where did you order it? One I was looking at from them was almost 400. But My Pops used to have the brand and since I’m sorta trying to get the truck the way he had it , I’d be tempted to use that brand over others.

Window was $229.00. $20 shipping for oversize item.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I seem to be in the minority.
I like the solid rear window.
The 78 k10 I brought home has the slider.
It won't stay.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I love the look of a solid back glass but I like riding around with my windows down and the drumming is insane. Want to do a slider as well, interested to see how these new ones turn out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1