HotRodPC goes over the edge !!! I think...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So this guy has a 93 Honda Accord 4 door DX base model that runs and drives. It's a hunk of **** !!! He wants like $200 a month for 4 months. Thankfully it's manual windows, but most of them don't work they're out of their tracks. Broken brittle plastic pieces and easy fixes I'm sure. AC don't blow cold but the blower works. Says the motor was rebuilt 70,000 miles ago and it has 287,000 on it now. Manual 5 speed, shifts fine without grinding and is smoothe. No popping out of gears. Clutch needs bled or is getting near needing replacement. 3 great tires about 75% tread, 1 down to about 20% tread needing replaced soon. Outside looks like hell, inside is OK probably about normal for a 20 year old car with almost 300,000 on it.

I fukin hate Hondas too. My bro had an 89 Accord that he left here for me to use and it had about the same problems as this one. It took me about 3 trips to PAP to get used parts and about $50, I was able to fix everything on that hunk of **** except the grinding into 3rd on the 5 speed. Once I got it all fixed, then my bro wanted it back. :flipthebird: I didn't much care anyway since I don't like Hondas and the seats are so damn low to the ground it's hard for me to get in and out of them.

But hey, I'm thinking about it anyway. Cheap gas for awhile and I'd be able to get to and from my dads for about $18 instead of $50. And to the Dr and Pharmacy for about $8 instead of $25. In this day and age, you can always find a kid willing to pay $800 for a running and driving Honda so I'll drive it a few thousand miles, then get my money back out of it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

John81287

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Sent from somewhere in Northern Illinois!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
I say go for it if you can, We have my cavalier for long distance trips or just running around since it gets 41, but i recently killed it and its currently waiting for a headgasket or engine.(it can do burnouts)

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think I'm going to do it. Saving the gas is one thing, and being able to tear down the K1500 when I want to is another. And as I said, I'll always be able to get my money back out of it. Being able to get to my dads cheap is a big deal too. Sometimes I need to get out there for just a transmission or a set of heads. Sometimes I just need to carry tools out there to work on the K10 and not bringing anything back. I have a feeling it will save me $200 a month in fuel so after 4 months I'll be ahead of the game. I've got plenty of paper grocery sacks to cut eye holes in to wear over my head, so it won't be to bad.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would say go for it, but the monthly payment thing is b.s. I can see that blowing up in your face if you don't do things right. Be careful man. Kinda sounds like a bit of work on a hunk of **** starting at $800, IMO.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
I dd a '94 Accord. I paid a lot more than $800 for it but I figured if I put 30k miles on it it will have paid for itself in gas savings, plus it's 30k I didn't put on the burb. Hondas are easier to replace than my square so it doesn't bother me to be seen in it.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Sounds like a real pile that's just about ready for the boneyard. Now don't get me wrong, I've bought some real piles before that needed a whole lotta work, but only because it was a vehicle that I liked and the end result would have been something I'd like to keep. I wouldn't ever buy a POS knowing that even when fixed up I wouldn't like it. And several areas of those cars are a PITA to work on.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It appears I'm going to pass on it. I have it here to try out for the day. It's $600 cash or $800 if I do payments. The more cleaning up I've done to it, and now put $15 worth of gas in it and went for a couple spins, now I notice the tag is out of date almost 4 months. Great!!! Thanks dude. After 90 days, they impound your **** and it's not even titled in his name so him or I either one could get it out of jail. And that means, with penalties, a tag that would only be good for 8 months, not a whole year, and excise tax, I'm looking at another $200 to get it in my name before I could even drive it cuz I damn sure not driving it anymore and it get impounded. This is Moore, OK !!! Duhhh !!! It's sure to get impounded and looked at hard being the hoopty that it is. Moore is good about keeping the trash out of here. So by passing on it, looking at $1000 with the tag + insurance, that's an extra $100 a month in gas for 10 months I can put in the K1500 and not have the additional insurance premium. All that makes it a pretty easy decision. PASS !!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
When you are traveling to your dad's, aren't you normally hauling a few parts/tools anyway?

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
Just put a hybrid motor out of a Prius in the k1500. you'd get good mileage then!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
When you are traveling to your dad's, aren't you normally hauling a few parts/tools anyway?

yes, but many times, it would all fit in the trunk of a car. Many times I carry more things to and from that I really don't want to, but to justify the trip I do it. That also usually means I'm not getting done out there what I really want to get done out there. Spending more time unloading **** that loaded up here, and then loading up there to come home so what I intended to make the trip for gets overlooked. I've driven to Chickasha OK before, about 45 minutes SW of OKC, and bought a 700r4 and NP208. I brought it home in the trunk of a Yota Rolla on a broke down cardboard box at 40mpg.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

JRandle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Silverado
Engine Size
yes, but many times, it would all fit in the trunk of a car. Many times I carry more things to and from that I really don't want to, but to justify the trip I do it. That also usually means I'm not getting done out there what I really want to get done out there. Spending more time unloading **** that loaded up here, and then loading up there to come home so what I intended to make the trip for gets overlooked. I've driven to Chickasha OK before, about 45 minutes SW of OKC, and bought a 700r4 and NP208. I brought it home in the trunk of a Yota Rolla on a broke down cardboard box at 40mpg.

I'm in chickasha

That's not gonna happen.

I didn't figure as much! Was just makin a funny! Lol

I'll keep an eye out for a worth while "beater" for ya!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm in chickasha

I didn't figure as much! Was just makin a funny! Lol

I'll keep an eye out for a worth while "beater" for ya!

Yep, You're not far. When I worked for the other tow company pulling Coparts, I got down to Lawton and Chickasha weekly. Sometimes 2 days a week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1