What ya'll think of these new wheels/tires? I dig em. Any shock suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamesSam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado V10
Engine Size
5.7 L 350 v8
If you look at DSWs website, they will tap the wheels for the OE style center caps you’re talking about. Or tap and add clips for hubcaps like my wheels.
I’m impressed with the quality of the Detroit steelies. Durability, idk, my kids truck is a pavement princess.
What I can tell you is they are VERY heavy for their size. Not a deal breaker but worth mentioning. Look up the weights and compare to say some stock 15-16” steelies or most any alloy wheel.
I love the look of the Delrays too and would have probably gotten those if our truck was a half ton.
I'm with you here! I was thinking about the Snoothies first but looked at other DS stuff and then got stuck on Del Ray's or Ambassadors. I think one day the Del Rays. It's a dream project for now. A year or two off, but DS has that fire right now.

mydads84

Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Concerning the DS wheels, I spoke to a guy at the 2022 Cruisin the Coast that had a set on his 84 C10. He liked them but they were showing rust after only 2 years. Now it was only slight surface rust along the outer seams where water would probably stand and this truck was from the south, so lots of rain. He suggested getting them clear coated before installing them which sounded like a good idea.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad