Header install question 305 TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brandon6469

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C15
Engine Size
I bought an 87 GMC C15 a few weeks back. I dropped the truck a few inches, replaces the dash, and next on my mod list is headers and exhaust. I bought the ceramic Summit headers. I plan to cut the AC bracket myself and am going to buy the spacer from LMC. I plan to do a true dual exhaust setup with no cat.

My question is do I run the tube for the air pump into one of the collectors? Will this give me a check engine light? I thought about removing the air pump altogether, but I don't want it the check engine light on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
never knew a air pump would cause a check engine light. I removed mine on my 88 and never had a light come on for it.

I wouldn't remove the cats if you have any type of inpsection even visual, around here they only look and if you have em you pass if not you don't get your sticker and can't drive it.

If they don't look or sniff there, remove em.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Removing the smog pump won't cause the engine light to come on, so if you don't need it for inspection, you can toss it in the scrap pile.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD