What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Here's our '79 purchased from the original owner's brother. It seems to be a rather thick foam compared to the 80's. When I poke at it, it feels like there's the typical backer board up there.

You must be registered for see images attach
Yeah I feel like that insulation has to be on a backer board, but idk. It feels glued to the roof all around the perimeter and not sagging at all.
The vinyl on mine completely fell off but left a thin black layer and then yellow underneath like your pic. Haven’t messed with it yet.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Busy weekend. Seat got new bottom foam and recovered. Carpet trimmed and 6x9's got installed plus I started reinstalling the air ducts. I might actually get to take it to Classy Chassis next weekend.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah I feel like that insulation has to be on a backer board, but idk. It feels glued to the roof all around the perimeter and not sagging at all.
The vinyl on mine completely fell off but left a thin black layer and then yellow underneath like your pic. Haven’t messed with it yet.
What Dad did, on a couple of our Burbs, was glue some automotive carpet(real short pile) to the backer board after we got it cleaned off. 3M spray trim adhesive is what we used, IIRC. The carpet strips were narrower than the original headliner so we got a couple extra top bows to cover the seams. Was a big job but it looked really sharp.....

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Just been driving it now that it's running well. Had a guy roll up next to us at a red light and asked if I wanted to sell it. Nope. He followed us for a little bit, but turned off before we went to the meat market.

brooksman9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado & Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
350 & 305
Home made toe checkers. It was @ about 1/2" wider in the front than the back. I set to 1/8" narrower in the front from what I read on here. Sound right?

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
@TotalyHucked I know you mentioned inner fenders produced at AMD now on here for someone needing them but I cannot recall what thread. In the last GM Scene I saw the spot in the new products section and scanned the QR code. Looks reasonable $45 per fender and ~$50 oversize shipping fee (to where I am). I would like to replace both inner Fenders eventually but the drivers side first. I have a rust spot just on the seam. Would the AMD re-pop cover this spot or do I need to get other parts for this. I did see a lower fender piece that was recommeneded with the inner fender. See attached pic.
Yep, that piece is made into the inner fender, so a whole new inner fender would fix ya right up. Make sure to soak that bolt in some deep creep or something for a few days prior so it plays nice coming out

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Today, finally got the truck up on stands to drop the pan and start on the Transgo shift kit. Figured it was time anyway since I’ve roughly 1000 or more miles on her now and good to do a service after break-in.

Wish I hadn’t seen what I’ve seen, and at the same time glad I dropped it when I did. There was a little sand pile of material in the bottom of the pan in one particular spot, and is picked up by a magnet.

So, nothing to do but forge forward and wait for nothing, or something, to happen. At least it was driving like it was new. So who knows. Apparently it was rebuilt and put in the truck along with the engine just before I bought it. So for now I’m gonna do like Derek Bieri and “let’s pretend we didn’t see that “. It’s not like I’ve abused it- I’ve done a total of one short burnout in first gear, and otherwise has been just driven around town.

I’ll put on the pan with a drain plug I picked up and just try to change frequently, and I’ve added a few magnets- one on the filter and two in the pan. If that’s a bad idea, let me know.

Special thanks to @NickTransmissions for the help and correspondence.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Today, finally got the truck up on stands to drop the pan and start on the Transgo shift kit. Figured it was time anyway since I’ve roughly 1000 or more miles on her now and good to do a service after break-in.

Wish I hadn’t seen what I’ve seen, and at the same time glad I dropped it when I did. There was a little sand pile of material in the bottom of the pan in one particular spot, and is picked up by a magnet.

So, nothing to do but forge forward and wait for nothing, or something, to happen. At least it was driving like it was new. So who knows. Apparently it was rebuilt and put in the truck along with the engine just before I bought it. So for now I’m gonna do like Derek Bieri and “let’s pretend we didn’t see that “. It’s not like I’ve abused it- I’ve done a total of one short burnout in first gear, and otherwise has been just driven around town.

I’ll put on the pan with a drain plug I picked up and just try to change frequently, and I’ve added a few magnets- one on the filter and two in the pan. If that’s a bad idea, let me know.

Special thanks to @NickTransmissions for the help and correspondence.
You're welcome, man - anytime...

pinballlarry1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 6 cylinder
4 new Goodyear Wrangler tires installed at Discount Tire, $480 out the door with veteran discount. Very happy with the look and ride, took it up to 75 mph on the highway for a mile and it was a smooth ride. Replaced two tires from 2008 and two tires from 2013, they were getting pretty weather beaten and cracked.
Old tires:

New tires:

Now to clean up the rims and reinstall the hub caps.

mxer147

83 K20, 350 vortec, 465, 208, 14/10, 4.10, 33s
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Squirted epoxy primer on the box, still needs a ton of sanding and prep work with the high build and spot putty, trying to get orange on before it gets too hot outside.

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2754.jpeg
    IMG_2754.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
After years of searching, the Grille Gods smiled upon me and sent the NOS ‘84 GMC Grille. All painted up and detailed. Tomorrow the Parking lamp pods and install.
Identity Crisis over… ‘84 back to wearing ‘84 clothes, My OCD Is feeling relieved!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels