Gold mine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I wish i lived in an area like you and Buff describe. I live in a quiet little neighborhood 2 miles outside of Baltimore city, nothing too bad really happens here but my house does sit on a street thats along a bus route and the busses that come through here are coming from the same parts of Baltimore where theres already been 21 homicides in 2018, countless break ins, Heroine and dope boys run rampid, and averaging 2 house fires a Day....so who knows what could happen but for now my neighborhood manages to stay nice and fairly quiet.

As for the tires, I understand i shouldn't use them. They're not dry rotted at all and im using them rite now just to move the truck around the drive way as needed. I don't plan to keep these rims and tires forever but they'll do for now to get the truck up and running and healthy.

So The Wire is the real deal, huh? And I live in New Orleans most of the time now. Totally different. I live in uptown, which is the best part I’d say, but the bureaucracy here really sucks, it’s expensive, and you do see and deal with a lot of the crap that the city’s infamous for.

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So The Wire is the real deal, huh?

haha, I had 2 guys in my fire academy who came from city police over to the fire dept. side and they told me that The Wire was pretty spot on to what actually happens in the city..You can also watch the show called Dope on Netflix. Pretty good look at the heroine epidemic in Balt.

None the less, I love this city. There are some nice parts of the city but theres more bad parts than good parts unfortunately..

Erik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I just found a slider from a ‘77 on Craigslist for $50. I’ve been looking at the new sliders, which seem to be in the $150-200 range. Are the old sliders a pain in the ass, like getting stuck when you try to open them? I prefer the stock look of the old ones, but I don’t want to be swearing at it all the time.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I just found a slider from a ‘77 on Craigslist for $50. I’ve been looking at the new sliders, which seem to be in the $150-200 range. Are the old sliders a pain in the ass, like getting stuck when you try to open them? I prefer the stock look of the old ones, but I don’t want to be swearing at it all the time.
My slider is factory and the metal up each side always pops off when i try to open it. Not to discourage you from a slider... i love mine

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
If I remember correctly, in the 80's they were called directionals. My dad had some SS/T's. They had the little bolts on the outside of the rim as well. When he painted the camaro, he painted the heads of those bolts the same color as the car. Added a little bit of a twist to them.

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If I remember correctly, in the 80's they were called directionals. My dad had some SS/T's. They had the little bolts on the outside of the rim as well. When he painted the camaro, he painted the heads of those bolts the same color as the car. Added a little bit of a twist to them.

Yup these have little bolts too! These seem to be true 2 piece wheels that you could take apart if need be..

Also heres some photos from todays haul! Found a ton of stuff. I have to go through some of it and reference part numbers to make sure they're for the the C10. Theres a 1985 Ram Charger also sitting in the yard so just need to make sure i didnt grab anything by accident thats for that.

Lists of things i found that are New or in New-ish condition
Fuel Pump ----- Thermostat
Lug Nuts ----- Grill
Service Manual ----- Oil filters
Windshield ---- Rear slider window
Cragars ---- Old New tires (lol)
Dash with no cracks!!!
Spark Plugs ---- Spark plug wires
Front Calipers ---- Radio
Ammeter Gauge ---- bunch of new Coolant (i can use to flush the system)
Distributor cap ---- bunch of random Lucas products (ie; Fuel treatment, carb cleaner, etc)
You must be registered for see images attach

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
lookit that cherry dashboard!

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I kinda like the pig. Is it a bank?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok, I see pics of parts of a truck, but still no truck.:buttkick:

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I kinda like the pig. Is it a bank?

The pig is a bank, ceramic! Im taking it to my firehouse since i work in a part of Baltimore called "Pigtown".

@ Honky again with the bullying....this is how its gonna be huh...?

Here she is...shes a little ugly but i plan to keep her that way for awhile. I embrace the rust. ( Minus severe cancer spots) These are the pics I took while it was still at its old resting place. Its now sitting in my driveway at home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
black_85c10