Gold mine!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Im pretty stoked, While helping clean out my great uncles house (Where I inherited my c10 shortbed from)..I came across a bunch of brand new parts while crawling around in the basement of the house...So excited i had to share with you all!

4 Brand new Cragar Super spoke rims (Still in the boxes)
4 brand new (2009) tires rite next to them with stickers still on them
New front grill with emblem
New windshield (one currently on truck is cracked)
New dash board
New rear window with middle slider (will probably sell)
New body trim pieces
Bunch of Misc. Parts. Ie. spark plugs, spark plug wires, exhaust parts
New rain tray
Re-upholstered bench seat

Going back down tomorrow to dig around some more...Ill update if I find some more things!

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Im pretty stoked, While helping clean out my great uncles house (Where I inherited my c10 shortbed from)..I came across a bunch of brand new parts while crawling around in the basement of the house...So excited i had to share with you all!

New dash board
New body trim pieces
New rain tray

Going back down tomorrow to dig around some more...Ill update if I find some more things!

Killer score. Those tires are an iffy proposition though. Tire rubber will break down over time, even if unused. That's why they put the build date on them. After so long, you may not be able to get a tire shop to mount them.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

New dash board
New body trim pieces
New rain tray

I would recommend installing the rear slider though if it was me.. So much nicer to get the extra air, and when you lay down hard on the loud pedal, you can hear way more of the exhaust with the window opened up! but I'm kind of a sucker for a good exhaust note..

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I would recommend installing the rear slider though if it was me.. So much nicer to get the extra air, and when you lay down hard on the loud pedal, you can hear way more of the exhaust with the window opened up! but I'm kind of a sucker for a good exhaust note..

I like the aesthetics and the reasoning for the swap, but the security of the truck is diminished with the sliding rear window. And I don’t know about your area first handedly, but it’s a city so go figure. If you live in Mayberry or the like, I think it’s a different story and much more feasible. Damn good score, though. I’d be in hog heaven if I were you.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I like the aesthetics and the reasoning for the swap, but the security of the truck is diminished with the sliding rear window. And I don’t know about your area first handedly, but it’s a city so go figure. If you live in Mayberry or the like, I think it’s a different story and much more feasible. Damn good score, though. I’d be in hog heaven if I were you.

Valid point you make, I live in a town of 750 people where everybody knows everybody and the next closest town is 6 miles away. Literally left the keys in the ignition of my 8-deuce for probably a solid month and a half this winter before I went to move it last weekend, couldn't find them and realized I never took them out of it. We just don't have crime, and in the small instances where we do, it's usually a rebellious young'n and he gets caught within a day or two.. because, the town is 6 blocks wide and 12 blocks long and everybody knows everybody.. LOL It's pretty close to Mayberry and that's what we called it growing up! Now as I'm older, I refer to it as the country with street lights.. in almost 38 years here, there's one thing I can say for sure, its a pretty clean, quiet, little town..

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Valid point you make, I live in a town of 750 people where everybody knows everybody and the next closest town is 6 miles away. Literally left the keys in the ignition of my 8-deuce for probably a solid month and a half this winter before I went to move it last weekend, couldn't find them and realized I never took them out of it. We just don't have crime, and in the small instances where we do, it's usually a rebellious young'n and he gets caught within a day or two.. because, the town is 6 blocks wide and 12 blocks long and everybody knows everybody.. LOL It's pretty close to Mayberry and that's what we called it growing up! Now as I'm older, I refer to it as the country with street lights.. in almost 38 years here, there's one thing I can say for sure, its a pretty clean, quiet, little town..

I know where you’re coming from. The town I’m from and grew up in, Wesson, has about 1900 people living there, a couple hundred less when I was a kid. It was a great little town to be a kid in. It’s still good, but meth, opiates, and speed are finding their way in and making it kind of gross. There’s an attendance center there (K-12 school) that I went to for many years, and it used to be a very top notch school, but it’s growing, and it fell by the wayside years ago. It used to be a combo of country people and really intelligent people that really got along well, and everyone got along, but now it’s become a cesspool for hicks, ghetto types (not singling out a specific race either), and delinquents, and it’s very fragmented now. You could walk in and never have imagined that human capital existed in there at one point. Everyone there is either dumb or pretends to be dumb to fit in. My little brother is in the latter group. Sad. People occasionally experiment with nastily concocted drugs like bath salts, too. Most of the ones doing that are younger. The older folks and the country folks keep it in check a great deal, but a lot of that quiet, down home mentality is dissipating for a raucous, redneck, junkie one. Anyways, I digress. Moral of the story is love your little town and don’t let it go downhill. Places like that are the best. If there’s an auto parts store nearby, it’s home.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Great score. I wouldn't use the tires unless its for a show. 6 years is the maximum recommended time on tires.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Any tire past 6 years old...yeah...not a good idea to use them no matter how "new" they look or how deep the tread is.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Any tire past 6 years old...yeah...not a good idea to use them no matter how "new" they look or how deep the tread is.
Good point but am i the only brain dead who would use them after 7 as long as there not badly dry rotted? Lol

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Good point but am i the only brain dead who would use them after 7 as long as there not badly dry rotted? Lol
Yep...and if you drive on them, have a blowout caused by rotting rubber, you may become brain dead..llll

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yep...and if you drive on them, have a blowout caused by rotting rubber, you may become brain dead..llll
I already have.... a set of 33's, rear passengers blew and ripped the brake line off the back of the backing plate. Got my moneys worth outta those tires though. Not worse brain dead then before though.

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I wish i lived in an area like you and Buff describe. I live in a quiet little neighborhood 2 miles outside of Baltimore city, nothing too bad really happens here but my house does sit on a street thats along a bus route and the busses that come through here are coming from the same parts of Baltimore where theres already been 21 homicides in 2018, countless break ins, Heroine and dope boys run rampid, and averaging 2 house fires a Day....so who knows what could happen but for now my neighborhood manages to stay nice and fairly quiet.

As for the tires, I understand i shouldn't use them. They're not dry rotted at all and im using them rite now just to move the truck around the drive way as needed. I don't plan to keep these rims and tires forever but they'll do for now to get the truck up and running and healthy.

Russell Jones

Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I only took one of the rims, ill take more tomorrow once the suns back up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky