Found something cool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Whilst screwing around on the interweb the other night and wanted to share it with youse guys. I may be way late with this, but what the hell. White gauge face overlays for 20 bucks! www.whitegauges.net And they make them for all kinds of oddball **** for cheap! I'm gonna get a set and try them out, they also sell an overlay for the heater controls for 12 bucks, that I may get also. I'll put some pics up when they are in, along with my other dash project that is already done.:)

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Hmm interesting

Do report back if you get some.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
You bet! They have already been ordered. One minor problem being that my heater controls don't really match the overlay at all, as mine is a non A/C truck but what the hell. This may actually force me to spend the money for a new printed circuit board so all my dash lights will work. LOL

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
You bet! They have already been ordered. One minor problem being that my heater controls don't really match the overlay at all, as mine is a non A/C truck but what the hell. This may actually force me to spend the money for a new printed circuit board so all my dash lights will work. LOL

Can a bad printed circuit board cause the gauges to malfunction too.. or is it just a dash-light deal?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Sounds neat. Do a write up if you can man. You gonna LED the dash bulbs while it's apart? Or change the color of the bulbs? :popcorn:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Can a bad printed circuit board cause the gauges to malfunction too.. or is it just a dash-light deal?

It can cause the gauges to go screwy too. My '77 did some screwy crap because of one little ground circuit. My dad soldered in some wire to bypass the bad spot, so the printed circuit can actually be repaired.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Burb, the dash bulbs are all LED already, I did that first, then realized the circuit board was bad along with a couple of the little socket thing-a-majigs. I can have my cluster out and apart in about thirty-five seconds after all the screwing around I have done with it over the last two weeks LOL I'll take some pics while I'm putting the new gauge faces in though. My problem now is that I wll have at least three gauges with pretty white faces that either don't work or I have no use for. My clock is long since deceased, oil pressure and water temp are both DOA, and replaced with aftermarket under the ash tray (like 8 out of 10 squares the world over) So what am i to do then? Putting white faces on dead gauges strikes me as a little silly, but the dash will look really stupid with half a set of white faces..... What a problem to have right? LOL

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I think it wuld look really cool with a color change hoss, like red or green or blue LED backlighting. :waytogo:

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
It can cause the gauges to go screwy too. My '77 did some screwy crap because of one little ground circuit. My dad soldered in some wire to bypass the bad spot, so the printed circuit can actually be repaired.

Hmmm... very interesting. I have all gauges except clock in my cluster, and they all dont work.. my gas gauge will only read to 1/4 when full. Not sure if it's bad gauges or the circuit board (replaced sending units)

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm kinda going for the simple look, black and white. I'm going to repaint the pointers black when I put the white faces in, I have always thought the orange pointers looked dated. Calidude, LMC sells the printed circuits for roughly 80 bucks brand new, for that price i would just get one and see what happens. My problem is that my dead gauges have already been replaced with better, aftermarket stuff that I don't want to get rid of.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
And here for all you patient folks is the finished product! See if you can spot all the stuff I did, and for you cheaters I have included some before and some really old before, before shots LOL Enjoy!
You must be registered for see images

Shot at 2011-04-24

Shot at 2011-04-24

Shot at 2011-04-24
And the before....

Shot at 2011-03-03

Shot at 2010-08-23

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
Twenty bucks shipped! And if you can take the cluster out of the dash you can install these. They sent a really comprehensive set of faces, so i have a complete dash including factory tach left over. If anybody wants em they are free to a good home.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Twenty bucks shipped! And if you can take the cluster out of the dash you can install these. They sent a really comprehensive set of faces, so i have a complete dash including factory tach left over. If anybody wants em they are free to a good home.

If nobody else calms them I'll take them. I'll get a square someday and use them in it.

85k10383

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
I'm gonna put them on the classifieds, but if nobody else comes forward consider them yours

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jturner