Fool me once…..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Well… I’d like to quote the meme that says “Fast-cheap-quality choose only two:
If fast and cheap don’t expect quality.
If cheap and quality don’t expect fast.
If quality and fast don’t expect cheap”

I never get to blame anyone else for poor workmanship because I do most everything
myself. Instead I beat myself up and loose sleep over my mistakes. Choosing the wrong shop gets to be your mistake.

Good on you for giving the new guy a chance but that’s the risk you took. Since it’s not structural and the grinding didn’t cost you too much. Hit it with some paint and move on.
Thats one of my favorite lines.

I was working for this guy once repainting the whole face of a building in the "historical district" in town, with a friend of mine.

He was saying "i want it really nice, and i need it done by the end of the day or im screwed" i said "okay, done. Itll be done nice and by the end of day".
Then He starts asking how long itll take, and how much itll cost.
I told him "You can have it done cheap, fast, or good. Pick any 2" he just stood there starring at me like "what?". My buddy was laughing his ass off.

It looked beautiful when we were done, and we worked from 8am to 8pm at 25/hr for 2 guys. Not too bad.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
Thats one of my favorite lines.

I was working for this guy once repainting the whole face of a building in the "historical district" in town, with a friend of mine.

He was saying "i want it really nice, and i need it done by the end of the day or im screwed" i said "okay, done. Itll be done nice and by the end of day".
Then He starts asking how long itll take, and how much itll cost.
I told him "You can have it done cheap, fast, or good. Pick any 2" he just stood there starring at me like "what?". My buddy was laughing his ass off.

It looked beautiful when we were done, and we worked from 8am to 8pm at 25/hr for 2 guys. Not too bad.
You must be registered for see images attach

MtBraun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
One problem with posting on a forum is that the person reading what you type cannot see your facial expression and cannot hear your tone of voice. Something typed can carry a meaning completely different from what the poster meant to say.

For my part I did not want "the juicy details", I was hoping (and I think others were as well) to read a Happy Ending. I think we all wanted something along the lines of, "I showed the guy some pics of what I really wanted and he had no idea his work was substandard".

I ask that if anything I typed was unpleasant to read...and I am sure that some of it was, can we start over and consider it a miscommunication? I am sorry for my sarcasm in my last post. I should have reached out via PM and tried to smooth it out.
All good, man.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I'm wondering if you didn't reduce its strength
Ya, that weld looks like its just surface, no penetration. I would question its strength, grind that crap off then do it correctly as seen MtBrauns photo.
Those were my first thoughts!

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I had an Explorer 8.8 center section TIG welded for another build, and it turned out beautiful.
You must be registered for see images attach
Matt, I'd take the rear end to whoever did this weld to make sure there is enough penetration, especially after the grinding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcmrose