Edelbrock Toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I bought me some Edelbrock toys guys. I probably should feel guilty, but I don't. I have bought truck parts from this guy before. So he offers me this Eddy Performer Intake for $40. I can use another one although I had intended to buy an Eddy Performer RPM for my next build, but I never have enough intakes so why not, let me see it. As I am looking it over, checking all the threads to make sure they are not all stripped out, the guys says well, I'll throw in a 600 electric choke carb too if you want it but it needs a kit put in it. So he brings it to me from the back of the truck, then I'm looking over the carb and intake both to make sure the carb don't have bent up linkages and stuff of that nature, and I start back to looking at the all the threads again on the intake. Of course I am gonna take if it the threads are all good. :roflbow: So then the guy says, well, I won't need this either if I sell the carb and intake, and he pulls out the Eddy traingle air cleaner. :roflbow: He says, I throw this in too. So I'm looking it over and asked, isn't there another bracket for this air cleaner? He says yeah its in the back of my truck, you want it? I asked well how much for all of it? He said $40 for the intake and I'll throw in the other stuff since it needs rebuilt and the air cleaner needs new foam. So I said, well let me see that bracket to the air cleaner. So he goes to the truck comes back with it. And he's holding something lelse in his hand too. So I look at the bracket and I guess I had a puzzled look on my face, but I had already decided Im buying the intake for $40. Then he throws in a Carb, then he throws in the air cleaner, just keeps sweeting the deal. So I am sitting there thinking if I have $40 cash on me, which I remembered, yes I have some cash stashed.......

Attachments

• Edelbrok 004.jpg
    Edelbrok 004.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
..... so now the dude moves in for the big close on the sale, and says, hey, I'll even throw this in. :happy175: :laughing1: Sure couldn't pass it up for sure now, so I bought all the stuff for $40. That last item just won me over. :happy175: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175: And he said it works too, he just bought 2 new ones when 1 went out, so he had this spare one he don't need it.

Attachments

• Edelbrok 005.jpg
    Edelbrok 005.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You think I can sell that used headlight and get some of my money back on the deal??? :happy175:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH, and I did spend another $5.99 for the carb studs and bolts. So I got $46 in that set up as pictured.

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
:rofl:

Nice!

Cheaper than what I got my performer for
Wish i got a free carb with mine though :(

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
nice they are easy to rebuild and cheap. About $40 for the kit.

I don't care much for them air cleaners though, they are bad for coming apart and falling into the carb. We had the same one years ago and on a holley it had pieces falling into it. I think it could have been from backfires but after sitting awhile it got worse, just started coming apart.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, I couldn't pass it up and had the guy shut up, and let me looked over the threads to make sure none were stripped, and even then if some were I probably still would have bought it, since they can be easily heli coiled and repaired. I had all intention of buying just the intake for $40. But he kept throwing stuff. I about busted up in his face though when he carries a damn used headlight up to the door and says, I'll even through this in, and it works too.
Sadly, I think the guy is a bad bad alcoholic and just some money for a biggo bottle.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
nice they are easy to rebuild and cheap. About $40 for the kit.

I don't care much for them air cleaners though, they are bad for coming apart and falling into the carb. We had the same one years ago and on a holley it had pieces falling into it. I think it could have been from backfires but after sitting awhile it got worse, just started coming apart.

I agree, I probably won't use the air cleaner. I also know they like to catch fire on a carb backfire and it only takes once. Which is also what happened to this one and why it needs new foam. I'll likely trash that instead of spending money on a new foam, espeically since I'd want a K&N filter and I bet thats expensive.
Summit has the carb kits for $34 + shipping. Last Eddy carb I bought for $25 and the guy said it needed a kit, I took it apart, cleaned the needle and seat, and put it back together, and works like a charm. I have about 5 of those carbs now and $25 is the most I've ever spent on one.
Now I am just waiting for someone to come around selling an Eddy SBC Air Gap intake or a Performer for a BBC or BB Olds.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
wow I bought the edelbrock kit from autozone over 3 years ago and it was $37 or 38 for it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
wow I bought the edelbrock kit from autozone over 3 years ago and it was $37 or 38 for it.

Autozone is high though. Take a look at what they sell the carbs for? Almost $400, alot cheaper at Summit. If I could get the kit at Auto Zone for under $40 I'd do it cuz with shipping its $44 at Summit. But I might wait til I buy some other stuff. I need a re ring kit for a motor, and a couple other things. I think Summit has free shipping if you spend enough with them. And who knows, I may tear that carb apart carefully and fix it too. If guys don't use good fuel fitlers, all it takes is a piece of junk in the needle and seat, then it can't shut the fuel off and it floods the motor and of course some not so smart people just go buy a new carb for $300 and then sell me their old one for $25. :roflbow: Yes, there is such thing as more money than brains.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Usually when people think they "need a kit" they just need the trash cleaned out of the fuel inlet passage, and the trash blown out of the idle circuit. Just take the top off and apply air pressure to the primaries and it'll blow all the crud out of the idle circuit. I wouldnt recommend one of those glass/screen inline filters, they let alot of stuff through, get a good disposable inline plastic/paper filter.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I agree, I probably won't use the air cleaner. I'll likely trash that instead of spending money on a new foam, espeically since I'd want a K&N filter and I bet thats expensive.

I've got my old K&N filter sitting in a box.....It came with the truck, and I've switched out to an Edelbrock paper element air cleaner.....Don't know if it's something you would be interested in or not..........:)

Attachments

• newtoy 003.jpg
    newtoy 003.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 152

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Usually when people think they "need a kit" they just need the trash cleaned out of the fuel inlet passage, and the trash blown out of the idle circuit. Just take the top off and apply air pressure to the primaries and it'll blow all the crud out of the idle circuit. I wouldnt recommend one of those glass/screen inline filters, they let alot of stuff through, get a good disposable inline plastic/paper filter.
Yep, the trick is, to carefully remove the top without tearing the gasket. If you can do that, you got it made.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
dangit, why didn't you say that before I bought a cheap mr. gasket paper deal for my 88. I been looking for an open element for it and k&n was too high so I got the cheap paper one. But why in the world would you switch from that good flowing setup to paper? not to mention you have to toss it out and that one you can clean and reuse?

The last time I got a carb from autojunk it was only $250 for a reman. deal 600cfm holley or eddy. I'd take the part number from summit and put it in their site and see how much it is. They had them in stock at my local autojunk. oh I mean zone lol or autobone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky