edelbrock throttle issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
I just recently installed a new edelbrock 1406 carb, all is installed correctly. my idle screw doesnt really do anything. it will not idle down to normal, the throttle hinge on the carb seems stuck about 1/8" back, like the throttle is being pressed. i can pull with my hand where the return pring is located and it will idle down. the carb "hinge" that rotates seems loose and not stuck. its just not returning all the way to idle. any ideas? sorry if i caused any confusion

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
Does it do this with the throttle cable connected and disconnected? Just my first though.

Do you see anything that looks bent compared to the other carb that would stop it

DRCKISS

Reaction score
First Name
james
Truck Year
Truck Model
c/k10
Engine Size
i will check this afternoon and report back, i haven't checked for anything bent since it was new from the box

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Some intakes, gaskets or adapters can interfere with throttle plate movement. Idle mixture screws will not have much effect if the throttle plates aren't closed, and engine isn't idling. Also make sure fast idle cam is adjusted properly.

Copakekid

Reaction score
First Name
Jan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
On an off topic vehicle, I had a problem with a vacuum leak and the throttle return problem with a new 1406 carb on a Edelbrock intake. After calling Edelbrock Tech Line, they told me that I need the #2732 carb adapter plate. put that on and there was no problem. I put a straight edge on the intake and it definitely wasn't flat. Afterwards I looked at the manual and found that info in there. Also found that they suggest a fuel pressure regulator adjusted to I believe 5 to 6 psi. That solved a lot of idle problems also.
Might not be the cause of your problem but just an incident that I had with a 1406.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef