Decent Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
A urethane is what you want.
While I can’t speak yet for the finished product, Tamco paint (online only) has spectacular prices for (claimed) very high quality paint. Only catch with them is they don’t do metallics in single stage paint.

no worries with no metallic. it's a truck....hunting truck, but a daily driver. Don't want to draw too much attention either to be stolen but don't want it to look like a pos lol.

Thanks Guys

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Buddy at work went and got a compressor and gun and spent $500 on paint. Never 0ainted before. Him and his dad prepped it over about 2 weekends then sprayed it. It looked like a first time job. It's a year later and looks like total ****. Fir that money he should of just got the macco paint job and he'd have come out better.

My square has a macco paint job on it right now. I hit it with some compound and a buffer and it came back pretty good.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm like you I don't really worry about having it perfect and won't spend a couple grand on a real good one. So I'd do like what was mentioned earlier. Prep it yourself and remove what trim and stuff you want to because they'll just tape around everything and spray it. Then have them paint it for less than what my buddy spent on his mustang and have it looking much better.

As you can see they just tape **** off and do a poor job of that too. Lol

But, you can take off your side markers and tail lights and grill and other stuff so they don't just tape around everything. That's what I'd do if it was me. Then put all of it back on when you get it back.

I agree with that, as I work at Maaco as a paint line sander, and for the prices we charge, we don't remove much before paint, but I can say that our shop does a better job masking and prepping then the shop you took your truck to.

Maaco stores are run independently of each other, so they can vary a lot.

Some are state of the art and only work on cars worth actual money, while others work on nothing but 20 year old garbage.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, half ass prices, half ass repairs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400