Camaro SS shorty headers on LS3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
Hey guys,

Well crap, I couldn't help myself, I just picked up an 04 LQ4 and 4L80E trans. And here I am a week later with an LS3 I just purchased. So the LQ4 will be sold and I'll be running the LS3/4L80E combo.

I've found a set of new BBK stainless shorty headers from a 2010 Camaro SS (LS3) for a great price. Anyone know if these headers will fit my 87' 1/2 ton 2wd?

Thanks!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure the Camaro LS3 ones are the gold standard for headers on a third gen small block, at least in terms of fitment in a square body. I'm pretty certain that others on here have used them for theirs, too.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure the Camaro LS3 ones are the gold standard for headers on a third gen small block, at least in terms of fitment in a square body. I'm pretty certain that others on here have used them for theirs, too.

That's awesome news. Thanks man. Still contemplating vs long tubes. But for the small gain in performance for the pain in the butt factor on long tubes, and the price is right on the shorties.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
That's awesome news. Thanks man. Still contemplating vs long tubes. But for the small gain in performance for the pain in the butt factor on long tubes, and the price is right on the shorties.

You're welcome. I did a little digging and found at least one instance where someone used those Camaro shorties. True, they won't perform quite as well, but you're right when it comes to fitment. I do think you could make the long tubes work, but I don't see the collector portion clearing your shift linkage without modification. If you just want to chunk it in there and be done with it, the shorties would be the easiest way to go.

347strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
R15
Engine Size
You're welcome. I did a little digging and found at least one instance where someone used those Camaro shorties. True, they won't perform quite as well, but you're right when it comes to fitment. I do think you could make the long tubes work, but I don't see the collector portion clearing your shift linkage without modification. If you just want to chunk it in there and be done with it, the shorties would be the easiest way to go.

Excellent, thanks again. Tough decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1