Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I used to have one exactly same lift and tires but was a '78-79. Looked bad azz. Some POS ran a red light and hit me head on and laddered the frame.

Not loving it cuz it got smashed, but rather because I had a 77 w/ a 318 and 2 79's with quad headlights and a 360.

Electrical sucked on 'em, though. :(

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Not loving it cuz it got smashed, but rather because I had a 77 w/ a 318 and 2 79's with quad headlights and a 360.

Electrical sucked on 'em, though. :(

I had one quad light Ramcharger that was 2 tone green with a green interior, that was a rare bird. No pics of that one. Here is the '78/9 with the 4" lift before I put the body lift and 35's on it:

You must be registered for see images attach

And my '86:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
I had one quad light Ramcharger that was 2 tone green with a green interior, that was a rare bird. No pics of that one. Here is the '78/9 with the 4" lift before I put the body lift and 35's on it:

And my '86:

I don't remember exactly, but it seems like on the 77 & 78 grilles they had to come off to replace the headlight ...

:eek:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't remember exactly, but it seems like on the 77 & 78 grilles they had to come off to replace the headlight ...

:eek:

Yeah I think you are right, that was a pain in the ass. And I think only the Power Wagons had the muscle hoods and vertical turn signals in the grille.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

And my '86:

Plowed alot of snow in a 79 Ramcharger. Whoever said the electrical was suspect was right. Never had issues with the electrical in the GMs and Fords in the fleet, but that Ramcharger had sporadic issues. When I was little, my dad used to say that Dodge wiring was so bad that it didn't even need to rain to have a short somewhere. If a dog walked by and lifted it's leg on a tire, it would short out!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Plowed alot of snow in a 79 Ramcharger. Whoever said the electrical was suspect was right. Never had issues with the electrical in the GMs and Fords in the fleet, but that Ramcharger had sporadic issues. When I was little, my dad used to say that Dodge wiring was so bad that it didn't even need to rain to have a short somewhere. If a dog walked by and lifted it's leg on a tire, it would short out!

Their ignition modules sucked and so did their distributors, but I beat the hell out of all of them and never had a cracked head or blown head gasket.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
This one should make you guys laugh! Full story as well lol

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
This one should make you guys laugh! Full story as well lol

lol. doesn't seem like a bad truck but the price is bonkers. The guy basically says "hey I know it's not worth anything near this much unless maybe if I part it out, but I'm not gonna part it out, but you still need to pay that much or I won't even respond to you. But I will trade for a square of higher value that doesn't need to be parted out" hahaha what a tool. I hope he gets zero replies.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
lol. doesn't seem like a bad truck but the price is bonkers. The guy basically says "hey I know it's not worth anything near this much unless maybe if I part it out, but I'm not gonna part it out, but you still need to pay that much or I won't even respond to you. But I will trade for a square of higher value that doesn't need to be parted out" hahaha what a tool. I hope he gets zero replies.
The fact that he wanted to trade up made me a little bit mad.. Then the classic "NO LOW BALLERS" even though that's exactly what he is, just in the selling formation. It's almost bad enough, on the edge, of me trolling him with a message or two.

The truck could definitely be saved, its just maybe $1000 dollar truck in its current form. Ill keep rollin in my nicer $500 dollar trucks lol

I should have posted this one from awhile ago, guy wanted $9000 for a 100% less than $2000 truck. Wanted to trade for some 70's muscle car and some other random crap or sell it. Of course "no lowballers" lolol it would have made your head hurt like mine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii