Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
For some of the BS I'm seeing peddled these days, I for sure could ask and get $20k for my truck when the interior goes back in!

Maybe we should all send him messages posing as buyers and see him lose his $h!t when we all vanish without a trace lol.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
One of the guys I work with has a BIL that is a "I've been everywhere, and done everything kind of guy" The guy I work with asked me to come over to his BIL house and give my honest opinion on a 1990 Blazer, that the BIL just did a complete rebuild. I said sure, went to the BIL house after work. Pull up and the Blazer is next to the house, BIL comes out, and starts telling me every bolt has been touched, the body has been off the frame...yadda...yadda. So I ask him to start it, he goes into how the motor is a 383 putting 600 HP to the rear wheels...more yadda...yadda. Finally starts it...(after having to go get the battery out of his 90s Furd Ranger. It's running like crap, he pops off it the big cam...I just look at him with that are you F-ing serious look. I than get under it, and the BIL flips $hit, frame is rusty, passenger floor pan has a 7 inch rusted out spot...and it goes like that for the rest of the truck. I looked at my co-worker and just laughed. Than the BIL has the Balls to ask me "Do you think I'll get 20k out of it" I almost had to take a knee from laughing. I said if you get 20k out of this thing...it will be a day two fools met. He got all pissed off and said he just seen one similar to that one on Barrett Jackson, and he got 48k...I just laughed got in my truck and left...

The idiots out there that think they have Gold when they have $hit never cease to amaze me. My favorite line is "I know what I have"

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The idiots out there that think they have Gold when they have $hit never cease to amaze me. My favorite line is "I know what I have"

There has to be a half dozen vehicles or more that have been for sale on Craigslist or Marketplace for nearing 2 years now. They keep relisting them at the same price over and over again. They know what they have sure has worked out for them so far.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
There has to be a half dozen vehicles or more that have been for sale on Craigslist or Marketplace for nearing 2 years now. They keep relisting them at the same price over and over again. They know what they have sure has worked out for them so far.
That **** is hilarious! I know of and remember a lot of those ads in my area. Same ridiculous ad same price, and they just sit on it, for literal years.

My favorite is usually parts rigs or things like heads or hoods, stuff like that. They say $500 or it's going to scrap in a week:anitoof:Buddy.. those ain't worth $20 in scrap let alone the trip there. Then some of them actually do take them to scrap, for a huge loss, or most of em sell em for wayyyy cheaper or have the ad up for years.

Kurnacopia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Look at this Amazing deal here in AZ:

it was 15K last week.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
The fact that he wanted to trade up made me a little bit mad.. Then the classic "NO LOW BALLERS" even though that's exactly what he is, just in the selling formation. It's almost bad enough, on the edge, of me trolling him with a message or two.
DO IT!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
That **** is hilarious! I know of and remember a lot of those ads in my area. Same ridiculous ad same price, and they just sit on it, for literal years.

My favorite is usually parts rigs or things like heads or hoods, stuff like that. They say $500 or it's going to scrap in a week:anitoof:Buddy.. those ain't worth $20 in scrap let alone the trip there. Then some of them actually do take them to scrap, for a huge loss, or most of em sell em for wayyyy cheaper or have the ad up for years.
Oh yeah, I remember years ago a guy near me was selling some sort of vehicle I wanted in the neighborhood of like $1,200 at a time when I really needed a set of wheels (don't even remember what it was this was a good 15 years ago easy, in my late teens/early 20s back before cash for clunkers when $1,200 could actually get you a decent vehicle, I had never owned something worth more than 5-600 bucks). He had posted it almost a week earlier and said "Need it gone, if it's not sold by this weekend I have to send it to the junkyard". Working at a salvage yard at the time, I knew no yard in the area would pay him more than about $200 for it as a complete running vehicle, and he stood to get maybe $100 in scrap for it if he was lucky because steel was way low at the time. I offered him $500 for it and he comes back with "Are you F-ing kiding me, that's less than half of what I'm asking for it! I'd rather scrap it for free than sell it to a freeloader like you for so cheap, the nerve of some people!" I responded with something along the lines of "Yeah the nerve of some people, figuring someone who has no choice but to scrap a car would rather get a few hundred for it than nothing, good luck with the sale a-hole". People suck

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Look at this Amazing deal here in AZ:

it was 15K last week.
Needs trans, Tcase and exhaust? I think his decimal accidentally shifted two spots to the right, like one of those ATMs that don't require you to put in cents so your $80 withdrawal turns into 8k and they tell you to try again lol

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
This one should make you guys laugh! Full story as well lol

Meth is a hell of a drug!! LMFAO!!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Thats why i hate goin on c list here anymore.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Thats why i hate goin on c list here anymore.
Craigslist sucks anywhere these days, only thing worse is Facebook Marketplace. I miss the days when someone had to pay a few bucks to get their car listed in the classifieds because then you knew at least they were serious about selling

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Craigslist sucks anywhere these days, only thing worse is Facebook Marketplace. I miss the days when someone had to pay a few bucks to get their car listed in the classifieds because then you knew at least they were serious about selling
Growin up it was a book called the papershop

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969