GMT800 NBS seats in a Square Body....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Sebastian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe V10
Engine Size
Yeah, I saw the work you did, very nicely done. Unfortunately I don't want to get rid of my tanks and you have confirmed (what I thought ), what I got is about as good as I will get. Thanks, you saved me a lot of work!

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
So maybe this is a stupid idea, but why relocate the gas tank(s)? why not section the tanks so that they fit under the new flat floor? You would probably only lose a few gallons of capacity and you can get a gas tank cleaner/resealing kit for about $40. You can just mark the tanks to clear the area you cut out for the new floor pans, drop the tanks, wash them out thoroughly and then cut them while full of water(just in case) and then weld in flat plate to clear the new pan. Once you are done, you can clean and reseal the tank with something like an Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit. I think all of the important filler and sending unit bits are in different areas, so that shouldn't be a concern right? Even with dual tanks it would still be cheaper than getting a new single blazer fuel tank.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
So maybe this is a stupid idea, but why relocate the gas tank(s)? why not section the tanks so that they fit under the new flat floor? You would probably only lose a few gallons of capacity and you can get a gas tank cleaner/resealing kit for about $40. You can just mark the tanks to clear the area you cut out for the new floor pans, drop the tanks, wash them out thoroughly and then cut them while full of water(just in case) and then weld in flat plate to clear the new pan. Once you are done, you can clean and reseal the tank with something like an Eastwood Gas Tank Sealer Kit. I think all of the important filler and sending unit bits are in different areas, so that shouldn't be a concern right? Even with dual tanks it would still be cheaper than getting a new single blazer fuel tank.
Give it a try! There's certainly more than one way to skin a cat. I've personally never looked into that route when I did this mod so I have no idea how feasible the idea is in that respect :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey