Bvllsh!t on craigslist.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It may be just an NEPA thing but i thought it was PA in general.

You have me thinking about it now. I will definitely check tomorrow or Saturday. We have something called the PennySaver for sure. But, it isn't exclusively vehicles.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
You have me thinking about it now. I will definitely check tomorrow or Saturday. We have something called the PennySaver for sure. But, it isn't exclusively vehicles.
We got the penny saver here in the newspaper all the time lol papershop was sold at local gas stations and places for $1. Place up from work sells it, ill buy it and show ya.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
We got the penny saver here in the newspaper all the time lol papershop was sold at local gas stations and places for $1. Place up from work sells it, ill buy it and show ya.

Sounds good. I wouldn't be shocked if we have it here. When I get to Sheetz in the next few days, I'll take a peek at everything and let you know.

To be honest, we get more things from the Morgantown WV area than we even do Pittsburgh here in our little corner of the state.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Sounds good. I wouldn't be shocked if we have it here. When I get to Sheetz in the next few days, I'll take a peek at everything and let you know.

To be honest, we get more things from the Morgantown WV area than we even do Pittsburgh here in our little corner of the state.
Papershop usually stays on the counter near the register here.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Oh yeah, I remember years ago a guy near me was selling some sort of vehicle I wanted in the neighborhood of like $1,200 at a time when I really needed a set of wheels (don't even remember what it was this was a good 15 years ago easy, in my late teens/early 20s back before cash for clunkers when $1,200 could actually get you a decent vehicle, I had never owned something worth more than 5-600 bucks). He had posted it almost a week earlier and said "Need it gone, if it's not sold by this weekend I have to send it to the junkyard". Working at a salvage yard at the time, I knew no yard in the area would pay him more than about $200 for it as a complete running vehicle, and he stood to get maybe $100 in scrap for it if he was lucky because steel was way low at the time. I offered him $500 for it and he comes back with "Are you F-ing kiding me, that's less than half of what I'm asking for it! I'd rather scrap it for free than sell it to a freeloader like you for so cheap, the nerve of some people!" I responded with something along the lines of "Yeah the nerve of some people, figuring someone who has no choice but to scrap a car would rather get a few hundred for it than nothing, good luck with the sale a-hole". People suck
Most times even if they did come down in price I wouldn't want to deal with them anyways. They aren't worth the waste of time, theyre usually borderline illiterate anyways.

You'd rather scrap something perfectly good, rather than making more money than you would and saving a good piece for someone else that could use it.

Last edited:

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
we get the pennysaver up here in NH. It's not just cars but still handy.

Idk about what they had here because I've only been living here for a little less than a decade, but growing up in CT we had one that was called Bargain News. Man I miss those days. Something way better about a proper classifieds ad than some sh!tty craigslist post

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
we get the pennysaver up here in NH. It's not just cars but still handy.

Idk about what they had here because I've only been living here for a little less than a decade, but growing up in CT we had one that was called Bargain News. Man I miss those days. Something way better about a proper classifieds ad than some sh!tty craigslist post
Yea flippin thru pages of cars with no pics, thinkin yea that dont sound too bad! Then the occassional b&w pic and youre like wow that truck looks pretty good!! Ya go look at it and its a rotten pos! Good times!

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Yea flippin thru pages of cars with no pics, thinkin yea that dont sound too bad! Then the occassional b&w pic and youre like wow that truck looks pretty good!! Ya go look at it and its a rotten pos! Good times!
well yeah I guess that could happen, but the fact that the guy paid money to have it listed, and only for like a week (not indefinitely like the internet) means he was serious about selling. So if he was asking $2,600 and you get there and say "man this thing is WAY rustier than you led on to believe, that's a dirty move. Plus look at this, the e-brake cable is snapped, there's a cut in the sidewall of this tire, and the stereo doesn't even work. I'll give you 500 bucks, do you wanna sell this turd or not?" Half the time you could leave there with it for like $8-900. There was no "I know what I've got" people sitting on stuff for years because it cost them money every week it sat there, and only serious people wasted their time, not just losers asking questions anout it on smartphones (that didn't exist) just for their own pipe dreams...

67ventwindow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
well yeah I guess that could happen, but the fact that the guy paid money to have it listed, and only for like a week (not indefinitely like the internet) means he was serious about selling. So if he was asking $2,600 and you get there and say "man this thing is WAY rustier than you led on to believe, that's a dirty move. Plus look at this, the e-brake cable is snapped, there's a cut in the sidewall of this tire, and the stereo doesn't even work. I'll give you 500 bucks, do you wanna sell this turd or not?" Half the time you could leave there with it for like $8-900. There was no "I know what I've got" people sitting on stuff for years because it cost them money every week it sat there, and only serious people wasted their time, not just losers asking questions anout it on smartphones (that didn't exist) just for their own pipe dreams...
My Tae Kwon Do instructor told us the reason why they changed money for the Saturday weapons class was if people paid money they show up. You didn't get 40 people signing up on a maybe when there is money on the line. Sure enough every Saturday every one that paid showed.

By contrast the free classes we took for foster parenting were hardly ever full. Only at the end of the year when they would loose their license and not get paid then they were over capacity.

I missed the old Wheels and Deals. You got decent prices a picture of the car. As a kid I looked through them all the time to see whats out there.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Another one.. instantly mad lol. I offered $150. Told him that's what he would get for scrap. At least around here last year, havent been lately.

Yea hes smokin rock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes