Anyone rocking S10's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Colin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
350 cu. in.
I've had 2 S-10 Blazers.
1st one was an '89 2 door, 2.8 w/5 speed. (totally gutless when driving I-70 thru Tenn & KY).
2nd was '91 4 door, 4.3 w/700R4.
Both were 4X4 and trouble free... except for the '89 tearing right side torsion bar mount rubbers.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got a 91 s10 5 speed for high school graduation. Drove it for about 4 years and traded it in for a 89 Honda accord. Lol

It was a great little truck. Drove it from Illinois to Texas when I moved back home. Just had a 4 banger in it but I drove the **** out of it and never gave me any trouble at all. Had the old IROC-Z rims on it with 255/50s. It handled badass with those rims and tires on it. Loved that truck.

I had ran many sets of wheels on mine, but the IROC rims just looked 'right' on it. I had also lowered it, added a rear sway bar from a 2nd gen Blazer, a front sway bar from a Sonoma GT as well as a full interior from the same '92 GT. Other than the slow steering ratio, it handled just as good as an IROC. In the works was a fast ratio steering box, dual piston front calipers, rear discs and a TBI 350 to replace the 4.3 v6. But it just got to be too damn rusty, so I canceled the project. The last pictures I took, it still had a rusty bed on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

And TBI or not, that thing would scoot. I think it was a ringer.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had ran many sets of wheels on mine, but the IROC rims just looked 'right' on it. I had also lowered it, added a rear sway bar from a 2nd gen Blazer, a front sway bar from a Sonoma GT as well as a full interior from the same '92 GT. Other than the slow steering ratio, it handled just as good as an IROC. In the works was a fast ratio steering box, dual piston front calipers, rear discs and a TBI 350 to replace the 4.3 v6. But it just got to be too damn rusty, so I canceled the project. The last pictures I took, it still had a rusty bed on it.

Id rock that!! I like the sport badge too.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305

Nice!! Much better than mine was. Lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Id rock that!! I like the sport badge too.

I actually had to make that badge, I was always too cheep to buy the actual black/red badge. I had also custom painted some S-10 badges, black with a red outline, but they never made it onto the truck.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I actually had to make that badge, I was always too cheep to buy the actual black/red badge. I had also custom painted some S-10 badges, black with a red outline, but they never made it onto the truck.
I love the colors together. At one point when i had my 90 gmt400 i would snag every one from the junk yard i could find. Grille and door ones. I had them on both my 90 and 94 burb. If they had them in 78 id probly put them on my square lol. I used to scrape off the foam tape and custom cut magnets and glue on to them so i could remove them when the truck got tossed.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Had 3 S-10 Blazers. 1st was an 84 2.8 5 spd with a Piston knock ,I think.(something made a noise) Ran the crap out of it for a year traded it on an 88 4.3 700R4 Really nice . Ran it till it had almost 200K and traded it fir a 98 4.3 auto 4 dr Pewter color like about a million others! The 88 would outrun all of them hands down Good rigs all 3 of em.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
Realized I had no pictures of my own! So here they are. Nothing fancy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

91Sasquatch

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
92 s15 jimmy 4x4 with 4.3 w

Tlambert

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
I’ve had 4 S10s. My first S10 was 1984 standard cab short bed. 2.8 v6 automatic. Tahoe edition with power everything. Bought it new lowered it on early rally wheels. Put 90k miles on it and then small blocked it. Drove it for years then did a BB swap, retained all the power options and also tubbed it.

Second was a 1989 S15 that was a totaled truck that I rebuilt and only had 17k miles on it in 1996 when I bought it. (Uncles truck that sat for awhile) Standard cab short bed 2.5 4cyl. 5speed. Basic truck had a/c and power brakes lol. My wife drove it until 2009 and when I sold it it had over 200k on it and sold it for more than I ever had in it lol.

Bought a used 1984 S10 king cab 2.8 V6 5speed. Perfect straight truck but weird options. PS, CC, a/c, no power brakes. Bench front seat, no rear jump seats in the king cab part and rubber mats inside. Had the old man aluminum camper top on it with a bed mat. Apparently it was all installed when it was new as the bed was PERFECT OG paint no dents or scratches. Basic truck black bumpers no mldgs. Engine blew intake gasket so I V8 swapped it. 350 w/350 trans. Changed the column for auto. Added PB, carpet and jumpseats. Also cut the frame and swapped the rear half from a long bed truck. 2 tone paint and all new exterior mldgs and chrome bumpers. Left it somewhat stock looking for a while then slammed it on early rally’s 7s front 8s rear.

Did a 1989 4.3 2D S10 blazer for my son when he was in HS. Paid $250 with 160k miles and a bad trans. Installed a $50 trans that lasted 6 months lol. Then built the OG one. Lol. Did some minor mechanicals, some major body repairs (previous quarter panel damage) all over paint and some interior. It now has 230k and needs another trans lol.

Sorry for the long post here are some picks of 3 of the 4.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I’ve had 4 S10s. My first S10 was 1984 standard cab short bed. 2.8 v6 automatic. Tahoe edition with power everything. Bought it new lowered it on early rally wheels. Put 90k miles on it and then small blocked it. Drove it for years then did a BB swap, retained all the power options and also tubbed it.

Second was a 1989 S15 that was a totaled truck that I rebuilt and only had 17k miles on it in 1996 when I bought it. (Uncles truck that sat for awhile) Standard cab short bed 2.5 4cyl. 5speed. Basic truck had a/c and power brakes lol. My wife drove it until 2009 and when I sold it it had over 200k on it and sold it for more than I ever had in it lol.

Bought a used 1984 S10 king cab 2.8 V6 5speed. Perfect straight truck but weird options. PS, CC, a/c, no power brakes. Bench front seat, no rear jump seats in the king cab part and rubber mats inside. Had the old man aluminum camper top on it with a bed mat. Apparently it was all installed when it was new as the bed was PERFECT OG paint no dents or scratches. Basic truck black bumpers no mldgs. Engine blew intake gasket so I V8 swapped it. 350 w/350 trans. Changed the column for auto. Added PB, carpet and jumpseats. Also cut the frame and swapped the rear half from a long bed truck. 2 tone paint and all new exterior mldgs and chrome bumpers. Left it somewhat stock looking for a while then slammed it on early rally’s 7s front 8s rear.

Did a 1989 4.3 2D S10 blazer for my son when he was in HS. Paid $250 with 160k miles and a bad trans. Installed a $50 trans that lasted 6 months lol. Then built the OG one. Lol. Did some minor mechanicals, some major body repairs (previous quarter panel damage) all over paint and some interior. It now has 230k and needs another trans lol.

Sorry for the long post here are some picks of 3 of the 4.

Damn they are sexy!!! I dig the black one!!

Stewy

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
k25
Engine Size
I rarely post on here but you guys are talking about a soft spot in my heart! I bought this 84 in complete stock form and within 6 years, this is what it became. Lot's of fun with it!

Carb 350, built 700R4, 203/205 combo, dana 60 rear, built toyota front axle, 1 ton drivelines. Couldn't find any pics of the engine on my laptop but I know I have some on my aux hard drive. Engine was mostly stock.

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
My first car was a 1982 S-15 with all the options.
I ran it hard and put it away with an engine knock.
I had plans to put a peppy little 283 into it but then got my first squarebody.
This one was sold to the neighbor and I once saw it sitting at a shop waiting to get fixed...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell