1994 S10 1Ton SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I also want to stress again, a BIG BIG thanks to @WamboJambo for running me to the parts store at night to get another u joint so i could steal the caps and put them on my slip yoke.... that made the difference in another night of riding or just sitting at camp

As i said before.....

"Hes a real stand up guy"

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
The axle traction devices, hydraulic steering, and 2.73 low range of that full size t case really paid off.

I came up with about 34.1:1 crawl gear in 1st, low 4x4.

That hydraulic steering paid off because anytime my tire got stuck against a rock, or whatever, i could easily just steer off of it and hit the skinny.

Was several times my front tire just got pinned against a stump or rock or my whole rig simply wouldnt fit thru a area unless i ran over part of a tree, or a large rock etc, it just climbed right over whatever stood in its way.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awesome pics Vbb! Thank you for sharing. And seriously impressive rig. I'm not much of a mudder/crawler guy (only can have so many hobbies, right?) but one thing I've noticed is it seems vehicles of similar size/wheelbase to yours make the best crawlers or wheelers. That S10 4 door or Jeep XJs do well. Couple trips with a buddy who has a fairly mild XJ (4", 34s, lockers, home made sliders top and bottom and a cage) bone stock drivetrain and axles, he does as well or better than the short wheelbase guys with $40k into their rigs.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Awesome pics Vbb! Thank you for sharing. And seriously impressive rig. I'm not much of a mudder/crawler guy (only can have so many hobbies, right?) but one thing I've noticed is it seems vehicles of similar size/wheelbase to yours make the best crawlers or wheelers. That S10 4 door or Jeep XJs do well. Couple trips with a buddy who has a fairly mild XJ (4", 34s, lockers, home made sliders top and bottom and a cage) bone stock drivetrain and axles, he does as well or better than the short wheelbase guys with $40k into their rigs.

Yeah, my buddy brought his XJ, i personally think had he brought more aggressive tires, he wouldve done ok, but there were a few instances where i witnessed him almost flip because it is tall and skinny.
Hes discussing setting up a ford 44 front and 9" rear end on some wide tires to emulate my setup, (small body, wide meats, wide stance, low lift)

The jeeps i referred to earlier in this thread naturally had lightbars, farm jacks, spare tires, gas tanks and roof racks and ****, but were mostly stock rubicons, wranglers, etc ranging from 2014-2018 or so.

Some of them were indeed snobby ********, some would wave, or comment about my truck, others would just look and not even wave..

I got to see payback on a couple of them several times when they got stuck and caused their caravan to be put on hold in the same places i just crawled thru. Hahahahaha

There was one instance on a steep uphill grade consisting of slippery rocks and mud, our group had to toss it in park and wait on a guy in a gladiator to get unstuck from.....

once they finally got him free and moved, the guy commented about my truck "i know he could make it, hell he could have taken either of the 3 ways up this rock and made it"

i patiently waited on him to move, they pulled their **** out of the way, and i just climbed on thru where they struggled.

I got the dirty, beat up, shitbox with a squeaking belt.

Suffice it to say, my money went into my components, not the label on the grill or the condition of the body.

Win win!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yeah, my buddy brought his XJ, i personally think had he brought more aggressive tires, he wouldve done ok, but there were a few instances where i witnessed him almost flip because it is tall and skinny.
Hes discussing setting up a ford 44 front and 9" rear end on some wide tires to emulate my setup, (small body, wide meats, wide stance, low lift)

The jeeps i referred to earlier in this thread naturally had lightbars, farm jacks, spare tires, gas tanks and roof racks and ****, but were mostly stock rubicons, wranglers, etc ranging from 2014-2018 or so.

Some of them were indeed snobby ********, some would wave, or comment about my truck, others would just look and not even wave..

I got to see payback on a couple of them several times when they got stuck and caused their caravan to be put on hold in the same places i just crawled thru. Hahahahaha

There was one instance on a steep uphill grade consisting of slippery rocks and mud, our group had to toss it in park and wait on a guy in a gladiator to get unstuck from.....

once they finally got him free and moved, the guy commented about my truck "i know he could make it, hell he could have taken either of the 3 ways up this rock and made it"

i patiently waited on him to move, they pulled their **** out of the way, and i just climbed on thru where they struggled.

I got the dirty, beat up, shitbox with a squeaking belt.

Suffice it to say, my money went into my components, not the label on the grill or the condition of the body.

Win win!
Homemade garbage for the win!!!! Youve got a nice roadkill rig.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
^ nothing super cool, but the area to the left of both videos i tested by nosing the truck in, it quickly got deep enough not even halfway in the hole. So deep in fact it was coming up to rockers . I backed out and chose the safer, less motor destructive end.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
So evidently my suspension and welding must be TOUGH AS ******* NAILS.
I was out in the field, by myself just playing around in 2wd i stood on the gas to spin the tires......
Well..... the throttle got stuck under the floor mat..... no big deal, just running the 4.3 at like, 5500 rpms, AT A ******* CLIFF BASICALLY.

Behind my house in the field it's mostly flat ground but in the center is basically a giant crater if you will.... the drop off/slop goes down at a 45 degree. And goes probably 20 feet down from the rest of the land, but the drop of the angle is like 15 or 20 feet also.

I also want to add there's a birm all the way around the drop off.

So i hit the berm first going maybe 35 mph , then drove over the cliff.
While i had my arm and head out the window during this, i looked down at the ground and i HAD to have caught about 6 feet of air.......

The ******* thing nose dived and SLAMMED down HARD.
Throttle got unstuck, truck is fine, notbing broke, but my ribs smacked the door HARDDDDDDDD

**** man, that was some wildass ****.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
I'll grab a video later of the land to show everyone

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Things happened, decisions were made

You must be registered for see images attach

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 502
Did some riding thru the woods around my house and family's land with my little brother we had fun bulldozing trees down and ****.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Did some riding thru the woods around my house and family's land with my little brother we had fun bulldozing trees down and ****.

that's quite the stance; very nice for the truck. well done

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
Allow me to pick your brain for a moment, don't know if you are a wiring guru as you are a frame, suspension, etc guy (i'm sure you are) i have a starting issue on my new '88 Jimmy, put a battery in it went to start it, wouldn't crank and got some smoke under the hood. Near the booster there's a wire that's loose and bare (red) and can't figure out where it came from or where it goes; thinking it's quite important. Only asking you this because our Blazer/Jimmy aren't too far apart, not sure if you'd know it or not. Any advice is appreciated.

'88 GMC Jimmy | GM Square Body - 1973 - 1987 GM Truck Forum

Post #48 it's pictured

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406