ac delco battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Well, I guess I'm some kind of hybrid supporter or something. For example, I don't mind buying Hyundai/Kia because they have both opened plants here within 1.5-2 hrs from me--1 in AL and 1 in GA. They are employing hundreds, if not thousands of local people to work in their plants. Also, the US may not get profits from the sale of the foreign cars, but the salespeople, technicians, managers, etc all make a nice living working at the dealerships, which are probably owned by an American. As for Walmart, I hate the store mostly because of the weirdos that I tend to encounter there. I dislike the products, and rarely buy more than toilettries there. My wife's cousin was out of work for 2 years and corporate hired her with a fat salary last year, so that's the other side of the dilemma for me.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
working in the auto repair business the hyudai. kia .honda. and others don;t bother me, they keep me in work, had two kias in today

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
bought another ac delco battery today, this one had a tag that it was made in korea, might start buying exide from a differant parts store, pretty sure they are still made in the us

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
bought another ac delco battery today, this one had a tag that it was made in korea, might start buying exide from a differant parts store, pretty sure they are still made in the us

Buy Duralast at Auto Zone. I don't buy much at AZ, but I will buy their Duralst batteries. They are made my Johnson Controls in USA. Same guys making the Die Hards. Die Hard battery witout the Die Hard Price. I've been very happy with all my Duralast batteries. I've got one that is at least 7 years old and still going strong. Now in my brothers El Camino.

Last edited:

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
i was buying auto zone batteries, had good luck with them but did not have luck with their brakes, we buy a large volume of part thru work and they didn;t back the brakes up so had to stop buying from them, hard to belive they would throw away a three thousand dollar a month account

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
i was buying auto zone batteries, had good luck with them but did not have luck with their brakes, we buy a large volume of part thru work and they didn;t back the brakes up so had to stop buying from them, hard to belive they would throw away a three thousand dollar a month account

Where they Wearever brakes?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, as I said, I don't buy much from AutoZone, but I will certainly buy their batteries.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Aw man! I just put a set of those on my sister's Honda this weekend! She bought 'em though. I just installed them. :shitsweak:

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
wear ever is from advance , have had better luck with their brakes, you are way better off to find a mom and pop parts store, you will find they have better parts for about the same money

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I use Raybestos brakes from Rockauto on on my vehicles and there the same price or close too as Duralast prices. I bought a set front shoes for $30 bucks that are the Raybestos professional 282pg. Duralast can stick it.

Now to get back on batteries. I perfer interstate or die hard. Never used a ac delco battery.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I don't know who makes these batteries but I have been using them for the past 6 or 7 years in my vehicles and boats and I am very satisfied with the brand. Especially the deep cycle ones for the boat, I beat the **** out of them on almost a daily basis drawing and recharging.

You must be registered for see images

free image hosting

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I use Raybestos brakes from Rockauto on on my vehicles and there the same price or close too as Duralast prices. I bought a set front shoes for $30 bucks that are the Raybestos professional 282pg. Duralast can stick it.

Now to get back on batteries. I perfer interstate or die hard. Never used a ac delco battery.

Die Hard is a Johnson Controls made battery with an expenisve price tag. Only AC/Delco batteries I've used are ones that came in my new vehicles. Of course I only ever kept 2 that long, but the batteries died like clock work at the end of their 36mo. And when I say they died, they died. No warning, no nothing, they were just done right now.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
So who else sells die hard besides Sears/Kmart? There predicting for sears/kmart to go under by the end of next year.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So who else sells die hard besides Sears/Kmart? There predicting for sears/kmart to go under by the end of next year.

Noone, Die Hard is a Sears Trademark name. Although, so was Craftsman, and they apparently sold that name out. Can't you buy Craftsman at other places now too?

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Noone, Die Hard is a Sears Trademark name. Although, so was Craftsman, and they apparently sold that name out. Can't you buy Craftsman at other places now too?

Yes, Ace Hardware sells craftsman tools now too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikejeden